[Script] UROverview Plus v3.40 (20150217)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.6 (20140202)

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
qwaletee wrote:It mysteriously started working for me now.

I would like to see a simple option to temporarily disable all the options without having to reset them individually each time, if that's doable. Also, some of the Yes/No options are confusing, is there documentation on them? I may not have skimmed enough of the 34 pages in this thread :)

I think everything has been documented to some extent as and when that particular option/feature was introduced/revised, but there's no single point of reference for the script, no. Unfortunately, as the script has evolved/mutated/turned into something far removed from its humble beginnings a year and a half ago, I haven't been placing as much emphasis on consistency of operation as I perhaps ought to have.

When I get some time to mess around with the code again I'd like to work on tidying up the UI a bit, but that isn't likely to be for a while yet - the only coding I have time for right now is the stuff that pays the bills...

That's why I don't code anymore. It stopped paying the bills. Not that the network stuff I'm doing now entirely does, but at least it is more consistent.

Since the WME update though, URO+ is failing again. I tried it with all other Waze-related scripts disabled, but no go. Is there any way to debug this? As you can see above, several other users are experiencing this problem.

The symptoms are that when a map page initially loads, if there are any URs visible on the page (even if they are invisible for whatever reason), the "hover pop up" message appears right away, as if I had hovered over that UR. It sometimes appears near the UR, and sometimes in a random place on the screen. If there are multiple URs on screen, one gets chosen at seeming random. There is no way to get rid of the hover pop up, unless I simply pan it all the way off screen AND another UR appears. Turning off the UR layer does not help. Hovering over a different UR does not bring up the pop up for that other UR, the original stubbornly stays where it is.

It is exactly the same set of symptoms that occurred prior to it mysteriously starting to work.
NYC Metro | Mentor | USA Country Manager | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

OK, I lied, slightly. If there are other URs on screen, I can get the pop-up to change to their info by hovering over SOME of them. Others are ignored by URO+. As soon as I move the mouse off any that URO+ does recognize, it reverts to the first one, as if I had hovered over it again.

Is the source code available? If I get really motivated, I could try adding some debug stuff in and seeing what it is really processing.

Oh, and I'm on Chrome, installed URO+ from the Chrome web store.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby qwaletee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Twister-UK wrote:Quick update... thanks to a test account on the NA server provided by AlanOfTheBerg, I've now been able to make some good progress on fixing this problem, and a new release should be available soon-ish.

If I could pretty please ask for the following?

1) checkbox to disable the pop-up display temporarily? Just in case the fix doens't work, it would make URO+ still useful with the sticky boxes (the other features are still working today)

2) Display the map update request # in the pop-up

3) This is more complex for the UI, so maybe not for now... a list of all the hidden request #s, and the ability to add/remove them independently, or jump to them. Once doing that, you can slso have an input box for "go to request #"
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Postby qwaletee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:07 am

You must have put a spoonful of awesome in your coffee this morning.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.9 (20140608)

Postby qwaletee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:31 pm

[ROADWORKS]? Not familiar
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.9 (20140608)

Postby qwaletee » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 am

Hmm, I wonder if we should do the same here in the US, and if so, should we just adopt the unfamiliar-to-us [ROADWORKS] tag, or ask for a US-specific one.
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.17 (20140820)

Postby qwaletee » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Can i ask for one more special icon, to record notes to other editors? To make sure the common word NOTE isn't accidentally used inappropriately, I suggest [WMENote] and some sort of notepad-ish icon, or attention icon (so long as it doesn't look anything like the normal exclamation bubble).
qwaletee
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.26 (20141012)

Postby randyboy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Seems like my choices aren't saved...

When i refresh i have to tick my places options again. Every time.
I have also tried to reinstall the extension

Are there anyone else with this problem? Any tips to make my choices stick?
Regional Manager - Aust-Agder, Norway
International : Waze Wiki | Waze Forum
Norwegian : Waze Wiki - Norge | Waze Forum - Norge | Todo - Norge | Facebook | Google+
randyboy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby randyboy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:30 am

Twister-UK wrote:Thanks both of you for the PMs, plus the additional info about the use of Toolbox. Unfortunately I still can't see anything wrong - both of your settings files are OK, and I don't have any issues saving Places tab settings regardless of whether or not Toolbox is also running...

Kadyus, so that I'm clear on this - are you saying the problem only occurs for you when Toolbox is running, and that disabling Toolbox allows Places tab settings to be saved OK?

Randyboy, are you also running Toolbox? If so, does the problem go away when TB is disabled?

Both please also confirm which browsers you're using, and which other WME scripts you're running.

Thanks
Chris

I'm sorry for not comming back to you. Had to go away for work for a few days.
But i see you are on top of things and have it fixed allready!

Great job and thank you :)
Norwegian : Waze Wiki - Norge | Waze Forum - Norge | Todo - Norge | Facebook | Google+
randyboy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby randyboy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Twister-UK wrote:Issue now resolved in dev build... it's another problem with WMETB calling the uroWazeBits() function after URO+ itself has finished with it. Unlike the complete mess this caused previously in 3.20 however, this time around calling the function again merely results in the Places tab being deleted and redrawn, however the saved settings don't then get applied again to this new copy of the tab and so it appears that they were never applied at all.

To avoid any further problems with this, uroWazeBits() in the dev build now contains only those bits of code that WMETB actually does need to run a second time, with all the stuff it really shouldn't have been messing with now moved into a new function called only from within URO+ itself.

After the update this problem is back. When loading, everything is fine and the "Places"-layer is off in the checkbox of WME. But when i drag the map just a little bit the layer is getting turned back on...
randyboy
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts