[Script] UROverview Plus v3.92 (20160924)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.11.1 (20140701)

Postby GeekySmurf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:42 pm

It is now working for me!
Alexandria, Monroe, New Orleans, Louisianna
Editing Manual| Editing Best Practice | My Wiki Pages / New Editor Links
GeekySmurf
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:00 pm

That seems to be working now, thanks!

BTW, you might want to put in some kind of "disclaimer" (for lack of a better term) regarding the new feature that's supposed to show what Area Managers have been assigned to the area under the mouse. If it's getting that information from the AM layer of the map, then it's going to be of limited usefulness. At least here in the US, there's been a long-standing issue with that layer not showing the current AMs. I had noticed several months ago that my username doesn't show up when I turn on that layer in the map and I asked my RC about it - who informed me of the long-standing issue.

So until Waze programmers get around to fixing that particular issue, that feature of the extension is going to be, as I said, of limited usefulness. :D
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby doctorkb » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:54 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:At least here in the US, there's been a long-standing issue with that layer not showing the current AMs. I had noticed several months ago that my username doesn't show up when I turn on that layer in the map and I asked my RC about it - who informed me of the long-standing issue.

I'd be interested to hear if this is still identified as a problem.

In my experience, the issue is that the contiguous AM area extends off the screen and the username only appears once in the whole area (centered).

Have you tested this with URO+ since the update? It may simply be a display issue that it doesn't put your username where you expect it...
Waze Global Champ, Mentor
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby bz2012 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:06 pm

doctorkb wrote:....
Have you tested this with URO+ since the update? It may simply be a display issue that it doesn't put your username where you expect it...

I just tested in the US and (provided you have display area managers layer on) URO+ shows ALL area managers for the area under the mouse, even though you can't find them on the map.
for example, an area near my home shows
PaintManNO (5), sketch (6), bz2012 (5)

This sure fills the 'hole' left by the poor WME display of that information.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Ah, ok. Yea, I just tried turning on the AM layer, and then the script does display the information as you move the mouse around, even though my name still doesn't appear in the layer display itself. So that's cool.

Ok, I'd like to modify my recommendation regarding the "disclaimer" to be that you should indicate that it only really works if you've got the AM layer turned on in the map editor display. :-) I sure agree with bz, though, it's a far sight better than what gets displayed by the layer itself. ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jasonroseweir » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Twister-UK wrote:Finally, nestling just below the "Undo last hide/Undo all hides" buttons on the URO+ sidebar, you'll now find the names of the area managers (if any) looking after the location under the current mouse pointer position.

Thanks for this Twister-UK, another great addition to an already great script.

I had actually noticed the request for this functionality in the Addons, Extensions, and Scripts forum, and was seriously thinking about using this as the basis for my first WME script (I'm a software developer by day myself), but you beat me to the punch... :D
Guess I'll just need to find another challenge to tackle, perhaps the auto commenting / smart canned responses for UR conversations (unless of course you already have plans in this area too ;) )...
Area Manager - Central Belt (East), Scotland
covering Fife, Edinburgh, West Lothian & surrounding areas (inc. Stirling, Perth, Dundee, Falkirk)
ImageImage
UK Editing GuidelinesFAQWaze - Current status
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ply8808 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:31 pm

An issue with false turn restrictions on multiple nodes running either top/horizontal and east/verticle or bottom/horizontal and west/vertical, nodes show blue dot when highlighted.
Ran an isolation check through all scripts and it is the URO+ on chrome.
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
Assisting Regional Coordinator - Mid Atlantic Region
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2
ply8808
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:Ok, I'd like to modify my recommendation regarding the "disclaimer" to be that you should indicate that it only really works if you've got the AM layer turned on in the map editor display. :-)

It should work either way - if the AM layer is already turned on then it uses the AM area data already loaded by WME itself, otherwise it requests that data itself as you pan/zoom the map view. One niggly bit of behaviour I've noticed (and will try to address in a future release) is that this self-request mechanism doesn't work when you first open up a location via the search box, it's only once you then nudge the map view even by a single pixel that it's able to pull in the data itself.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:45 pm

jasonroseweir wrote:Guess I'll just need to find another challenge to tackle, perhaps the auto commenting / smart canned responses for UR conversations (unless of course you already have plans in this area too ;) )...

I may have been giving that some thought, yes...
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:48 pm

ply8808 wrote:An issue with false turn restrictions on multiple nodes running either top/horizontal and east/verticle or bottom/horizontal and west/vertical, nodes show blue dot when highlighted.
Ran an isolation check through all scripts and it is the URO+ on chrome.

Any chance of posting a screengrab to illustrate this problem, because I'm struggling to picture it from your description here :?
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts