[Script] UROverview Plus v3.50 (20150821)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.16 (20140815)

Postby PesachZ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Would it not offend too many people if the custom UR icons for ROADWORKS, CLOSURE, etc. were set to checked by default?
ImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.17 (20140820)

Postby PesachZ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:34 am

Timbones wrote:Can we add [Closure] as well, if it hasn't been added already? This will be for documenting road closures that have been submitted to Waze.

It's already active as [CLOSURE] along with [EVENT], and [CONSTRUCTION].

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.18 (20140827)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Taco909 wrote:Very, very strange.

I disabled all scripts and started panning around on Zoom=0

Down in Orange County, I could view all URs including those over 30 days.
As I moved northwest into Los Angeles, I'd see some drop every now and then, until Whittier appeared at the corner of the screen. Around that area, moving closer to LA would cause ALL of them (even those displayed at the right of the map) to go blank.
Moving back into Orange County, they would come back slowly (not all at once)...
When I move to Los Angeles and move southeast, there is nothing on the map until I clear LA and then they start popping on.

Perhaps this is a limit of the Waze server to only display a maximum number of URs and to self-filter older reports when that number is exceeded? It certainly makes sense given the apparent progression.

I've never tested it carefully like you did, but I have experienced somewhat similar progressive display of URs in NYC as well.

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.18 (20140827)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:49 pm

Taco909 wrote:People still try to drive in NYC?

Only the very brave

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.19 (20140831)

Postby PesachZ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:13 am

pumrum wrote:Thanks for the great work! I thumbed through this thread but couldn't find if this had been asked before:

Is it possible to add an option to URO+ to disable the pop-up you get when you select "not identified" or "solved" to a UR where you have the last comment? The pop-up that says "This update request still has recent pending questions to the reporter. Are you sure you want to close it?"

I can close some times as many as 200 stale URs a day and this popup is a major time consuming nuisance.

I don't know if it's possible to disable, but I do know how to avoid it.

When you open a UR you are panning to close, click the "solve" or "not identified" first, then send your comment, then close. The pop-up only comes of you send the comment before clicking to solve or NI the UR.

This only works of you're about to send the first comment, if there's already an earlier comment waiting from before, this won't help.

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.19 (20140831)

Postby PesachZ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:21 am

pumrum wrote:
PesachZ wrote:This only works of you're about to send the first comment, if there's already an earlier comment waiting from before, this won't help.

Unfortunately this is exactly the situation I'm in. I have one or two unanswered requests for info on a UR, no responses from the reporter, and now I'm ready to close. Adds a lot of extra movement and an extra click to every UR. Very time consuming and annoying (and grossly unnecessary).

Hoping someone can work some URO or other add-on magick :)

Pressing enter also works to close the pop-up BTW

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.20 (20140917)

Postby PesachZ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:55 am

Szata76 wrote:How could I force to update extension from CWS? I've restarted Chrome but the URO+ is still 3.19.

On extensions page, enable developer mode at top, then a button should appear at top to update all extensions.

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:57 am

Szata76 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:
Szata76 wrote:How could I force to update extension from CWS? I've restarted Chrome but the URO+ is still 3.19.

On extensions page, enable developer mode at top, then a button should appear at top to update all extensions.

Thanks, It works!

You're welcome, anytime

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Twister-UK wrote:3.20 introduces the following changes/updates:
Added option (in Misc tab) to inhibit the "UR has pending questions" prompt (requested by pumrum)

When this option is selected it works great. When it is NOT selected and I try to solve a UR with open comments (the kind that would have generated this popup), the popup is still inhibited. However when I save the UR, it doesn't get saved as solved, Its as if the popup is still blocking the solve from processing even though I don't see the popup.

EDIT: As noticed by KrisChubb in chat, this bug only happens when WMETB is also enabled. There seems to be a conflict with WMETB, and having this option turned off which causes the dialog not to visually show, but the process to block the UR from being closed is still active. I will link to this from the WMETB thread as well.
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Olestas wrote:This script does not allow me to solve or not identify URs after update. Cannot select neither option.

See my comment above yours, try it with toolbox disabled, or go to the Misc tab and check the box to inhibit unanswered questions popup.

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts