[Script] UROverview Plus v3.42 (20150413)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.11.1 (20140701)

Postby ply8808 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:20 am

Forgive my attempt on a screen shot, but here it is.
I was unable to recreate the horizontal/vertical lines but they are the same as these only they come in the NE or SW corner of screen. I can keep trying to find that situation if it will help.
Attachments
False turn restrictions.gif
False turn restrictions.gif (249.15 KiB) Viewed 391 times
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
SM - Arizona, CM - USA
iPhone 6, iOS 8.2
ply8808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby ply8808 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:34 am

Here is a second shot and permalink:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 21&env=usa
Attachments
Second shot.gif
Second shot.gif (239.66 KiB) Viewed 393 times
SM - Arizona, CM - USA
iPhone 6, iOS 8.2
ply8808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby ply8808 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
ply8808 wrote:Forgive my attempt on a screen shot, but here it is.
I was unable to recreate the horizontal/vertical lines but they are the same as these only they come in the NE or SW corner of screen. I can keep trying to find that situation if it will help.

Thanks for these, but unfortunately I'm still not seeing what the problem is - everything looks normal in both those screengrabs. Please can you do a step by step description of what you're doing when you see the problem, and what you believe you should be seeing instead?

Taking the example of second screen shot, there are only two turn restrictions in that shot that are reality and mapped correctly, the others are indicated as turn restrictions but cannot be edited and when zoomed in or out they lose the turn restriction indication.
Step by step:
Turn all plug ins off except URO+
Zoom set at 500 feet (other zoom levels do not have the issue)
Shift Z to indicate all turn restrictions
Move screen to a position and select a segment
Turn restrictions are shown, to include the false turn restrictions, as well as the correct ones
Refresh or movement of entire shown screen will eliminate the false indications but zoom in or out and back to 500 feet will allow them again.
All arrows appear to point to the center of screen, with exception of the correct turn restrictions.
The false turn restrictions come on random streets and not always on the same, a small adjustment of screen can give a new set of false indicators though the prior indicator streets are still on screen but no longer show the false turn restrictions.

Here is another screen shot of the same area but you can see the turn restrictions are now indicated on other streets.
Attachments
Third False Turns.gif
Third False Turns.gif (253.85 KiB) Viewed 350 times
SM - Arizona, CM - USA
iPhone 6, iOS 8.2
ply8808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby ply8808 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Additional notes:
Unistalled chrome version and reinstalled chrome version, issue is still present.
Uninstalled chrome version and installed greasyfork version through tampermonkey, issue is still present.
Could be an issue on my end I guess as it appears no one else is having the same issue.
Hope we find a resolution, this is a great add on that I count on, thanks for all your help.
SM - Arizona, CM - USA
iPhone 6, iOS 8.2
ply8808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby ply8808 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
ply8808 wrote:Lots of useful stuff...

Ah, gotcha! Thanks, I'll see if I can recreate this at home. One final Q, is this on the production or beta version of WME?

Working on production version of WME.
SM - Arizona, CM - USA
iPhone 6, iOS 8.2
ply8808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Re: [Script] UROverview v2.02 (20131111)

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 am

Thanks for the script. Long time user, first time poster here.

Not sure what magic is at play here, but is it possible to tweak the script in its present form, or to get it enhanced so that it takes my time zone into account when labeling URs as submitted "today" vs "yesterday"?

I may be wrong, but I do believe that the script is on the server's time, which, I am guessing, is in Israel and 10 hours ahead of me. As a result, URs that were submitted a few hours ago, midday PST, show up as "Submitted yesterday".

Thanks!
Rank 2 editor, Orange County, California
ponzu

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:30 am

Timbones wrote:This script just shows the dates that gets sent to the browser.

You may be right about the server bug, but to be sure, the script shows information such as "Submitted earlier today" (I think, since I can't find any right now), "Submitted yesterday", etc.

I mean when hovering. So it does do some manipulation of date into words.

Once clicked, you're right, the UR (I assume, this is straight Waze) shows the date of the report, and this date is probably off -- either in the wrong timezone, or just randomly off, you tell me.

At least that answers part of my question. Nothing the script can do.
ponzu

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:56 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:yeah, if we don't know what timezone the date/time that is sent to the browser is, there's no way to accurately change it to a local timezone.

You can't assume the date/time is in Israel time zone? Just a guess, but forum posts are stamped PST +10, so I'm going by that. Could even be GMT. I don't know much about time zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ponzu

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:32 pm

sketch wrote:Forum time zone is a user setting.

Thanks for that, at the very least. Fixed mine. Obviously, it will not affect how URs are timed in URO.
ponzu

Postby ponzu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Twister-UK wrote:That's the extent of how much manipulation goes on within the script, and since I don't know how the servers handle the timezone issue the safest thing to do is do nothing and assume that the elapsed days value is OK.

Thanks for the explanation. With the timestamp returned in the UR object lacking the time portion it seems pretty pointless to try to adjust it for timezones. Is that the gist of it?
ponzu

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts