[Script] UROverview Plus v3.108 (20170722)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.31 (20141103)

Postby bz2012 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:39 pm

I right clicked on the permalink icon in the bottom corner of the screen and 'open link in new window'.
I have all 'suppression' turned off in URO+ (except 'closed', and these are not closed)

I grab the image near the right edge, vertical center and drag the map to the far left and drop it.

I grab the image near the left edge, vertical center and drag the map back to the right.

I see several 'two eared ballons' that have just been dragged into visibility.

They disappear.
WME had to have the data to display it. URO+ or WME THEN suppressed the display. (zoom level zero)
If I zoom in, they become visible again.
Something funny seems to be going on. Chrome Version 39.0.2171.65 m on a latitude e6510 64 bit machine running windows 7 enterprise edition with latest updates.

Hope that helps.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby taco909 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 pm

So the test would be to locate one specifically that displays at a closer zoom and focus on that one, then toggle the URO+ selections (or toggle the script off and on) and see if that specific report toggles with it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby bz2012 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:22 pm

I don't think WME is failing to send the data, because if I 'suddenly scroll to the area' I see 'two eared balloons' and no-eared ones. for a few seconds and then the two-eared ones disappear, so it seems that the data is being send to my computer but URO+ appears to be suppressing the display.

The zoom level does seem to have an effect, but, even at zoom 0, the data seems to have been available, and then suppressed.

Also, the scrolling at higher zoom levels seems 'painfully slow' :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:57 pm

taco909 wrote:That is the problem in Los Angeles. We need to be in at Zoom-2 or 3 to pick up the oldest URs.
WME filters by age as you zoom out and get too many on the screen, so at Zoom-0 over Los Angeles, you pretty much only see yellow and orange. Filter anything older than 14 days and it's blank.

The same goes for NYC, at least up until two weeks ago. MapRaid! NY fixed that issue, but I digress.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby taco909 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:40 pm

That is the problem in Los Angeles. We need to be in at Zoom-2 or 3 to pick up the oldest URs.
WME filters by age as you zoom out and get too many on the screen, so at Zoom-0 over Los Angeles, you pretty much only see yellow and orange. Filter anything older than 14 days and it's blank.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Keep in mind that WME can only show X amount of UR's on the screen at a time. When this addon filters them, it can only hide ones that were otherwise displayed, not force to display ones that the WME hid because there were too many.

You can know for sure this is happening when the UR appears in closer zoom levels (less UR's on the screen) but not at higher zoom levels (too many UR's on screen.)

Are you sure that's not your issue?
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bz2012 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:56 am

For the last few weeks, I have been noticing that many UR's that have a comment by me are remaining hidden when they should be showing up.

My intent is to hide URs less than XX day UNLESS they have comments by me AND the last comment is 7 days old or older. I have the following settings:

Filter URs by age of submission:
Hide URs less than XX days old
Hide URs by comments/following:
With comments from me?
No
Last comment less than 7 days ago

Those setting used to work exactly as desired. Now, something seems to often be hiding URs I want to see; comments that would have been displayed properly a few weeks ago.

The problem seems to be worse in areas with many old URs, such as Houston.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Thortok2000 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:19 pm

I still feel like we're on different wavelengths.

I want to see all places, all the time, points and areas, I don't filter those at all, ever. I like knowing they are there as information. When I want to reduce visual clutter, I have all kinds of filters in place to remove the places already, including the built in WME filter for 'places'.

It is just the little balloons that I'm OCD about. I want to eradicate all balloons, either by approving or rejecting. Only then does the map feel 'clean' (until more appear.)

Except, unfortunately, some of those balloons belong to places that I can't edit (either too high a lock, or outside my editable range.) This makes me itch. For one, I can't get rid of them and so the map doesn't feel 'clean' to me, and it irritates my OCD like crazy. And for two, when I'm working on the ones that I can edit, I keep accidentally clicking the ones I can't edit and having to work around them.

Which is why I asked for the filter in the first place and am really thankful how quickly you got it in. However, I want the BALLOON filtered out, but the place itself to stay. The place itself doesn't bother me, it's information I want to keep on my screen and vital to making decisions such as whether to approve nearby places I can edit. Does that make sense?

The way it currently stands is I can have places littering the map, like maybe 15 all along one road, but someone adds a 'new' place, and I zoom in real close, check the other 15 places for a duplicate and I'm like "okay there isn't a place for that one yet, approve" and what it turns out is that there was an invisible-to-me place that was level 5 and had a pending update. (Possibly from the same person that just submitted a 'new' place. =P)

If I have to turn off the filter of balloons I can't edit in order to properly do editing of the ones I can edit, then I'm back to accidentally clicking on ones I can't edit again and I'm back at square one. =(

The funny thing is I can see level 5 places fine as long as they don't have a pending update, but as soon as they have a pending update they disappear, because the place itself is filtered right along with the balloon.

In short, I don't want to hide places I can't edit, I want to hide the balloons I can't take care of.

I'm sure it would be easy to code in current behavior as an option if needed, but there's so many place filters already I don't see why anyone would really need to hide places they can't edit only if they have pending updates. =/
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Thortok2000 wrote:It's not possible to hide the place update but show the place itself? If you select it, it would still show 'pending updates' on the left, but the little balloon would be missing. That's the way I picture it working anyway. That's not possible?

Oh yes, it's possible to show the place whilst hiding its associated PUR - this is how the first development version of the code behaved. The problem I had with this behaviour during development was that it often left so much visual clutter behind that it seemed a bit pointless to hide just the PURs, as it didn't make much difference.

I guess what you're really after is some intelligence in the script to be able to determine if there are any related PURs to the one being examined, so that regardless of your filtering options it could always override the filters and show those related PURs when necessary, hiding them again when irrelevant. That may be possible, although probably not in a form that was 100% reliable, and almost certainly not any time soon...

So for now, just bear in mind the pros and cons of having filtering enabled when editing.
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Thortok2000 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:58 pm

It's not possible to hide the place update but show the place itself? If you select it, it would still show 'pending updates' on the left, but the little balloon would be missing. That's the way I picture it working anyway. That's not possible?
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts