Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

I can't believe it

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
... I came upon a state route which isn't split and should be. It appears to have at least a 9m median. (Waze reports it is a 12m median.) And that even falls within my guidelines for how far separated a median opposing lanes of traffic should be before splitting, not to mention the official guidelines.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonm128 wrote:Maybe it used to be a smaller road and they expanded it by building a second road next to it. Does the existing single road run down one side or the median?
It goes right down the median. Or it used to. The split has been completed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
jondrush wrote:I've got part of an interstate in my area that is not split. :shock: Dunno how it happened and I haven't had a chance to fix it. It works for navigation though, so I am concentrating on roads that are not working. (I-95 and I-895 in Baltimore, I'm lookin' at you . . . )
I was working north on I-97 and I-895 in Baltimore and think I hit you coming south. It's the first time I got the warning that someone else was editing where I was. Let me know if I'm doing anything incompatible with your work.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by jasonm128
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:... I came upon a state route which isn't split and should be. It appears to have at least a 9m median.
Maybe it used to be a smaller road and they expanded it by building a second road next to it. Does the existing single road run down one side or the median?
jasonm128
Send a message
Area Manager : NW Suburbs of Boston, MA
HTC Droid DNA - Android 4.4.2 - Verizon
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by jondrush
I've got part of an interstate in my area that is not split. :shock: Dunno how it happened and I haven't had a chance to fix it. It works for navigation though, so I am concentrating on roads that are not working. (I-95 and I-895 in Baltimore, I'm lookin' at you . . . )
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message