Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
kwhistle wrote:Waze been horrible since the last update. Gas prices included. I'm in Indianapolis, IN, USA. Was just led to a gas station a few miles away only to realize the price was 52 days old!!!
Did Waze not show you that it was 52 days old when you did the gas search?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Haha! I suppose it was in a big long list of localization words to translate and someone saw "total" and thought "Oh, the word for that is Totaal, naturally"!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Edward50095 wrote: I'm not interested in crowd sourced gas prices.... do you actually "shop" for gas? Do you ever find such a deal that it makes a difference? 10 cents extra in a 14 gallon tank is $1.40. Big whoop. How far will you drive to save $1.40? (Don't tell me.)
So don't use it. Doesn't bother anyone. The feature's already been there for well over a year, so I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

I can regularly save 8-10 cents a gallon by driving an extra quarter mile or so – and that's just for 87. For someone who uses premium, prices can vary wildly, as different stations around here use very different markups.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
porubcan wrote:The option is 4 fuel types in country. If your country coordinators decide to replace one of current types for E85 is solely their choice.
I think this would happen after E85 become widely spread in GS offerings.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
E85 is very far from popular enough in the States to justify replacing any of the other four grades. "Regular" (87*), "Plus" (89), and "Premium" (91 or 93) are ubiquitous throughout the country, as is diesel. E85 is available at many stations in the Midwest (i.e., corn country), but hard or impossible to find everywhere else.

*(Before those outside of the US, Canada, and Brazil think our octane levels are so low, the difference is actually because our octane numbers are calculated differently. Most of the world, including Europe and Australia, uses the RON ("research octane number"), whereas the US, Canada, and Brazil use the "anti-knock index", which is calculated by the formula AKI = (RON + MON) / 2. You'll often see "R+M/2" on pump stickers for this reason. MON is usually 8 to 12 less than RON.)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Still, it does at least allow you to enter separate cash/credit pricing, whether E85 is available, etc...
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by skyschum
deeggo wrote:Only possible for an entire country, not per gas station.
Where can I ask for E85 flex fuel to be added for France ? We have about 300 gas station providing it but no way with waze to find them and/or update prices for this gas type. Most of all, on some station that offer it, people are replacing price of LGP with E85 so it's a bit disturbing
skyschum
Send a message

Post by skyschum
Ok, just got it. There's only 4 gas type possible in waze. That's quite a sad news to see limitations like this.
skyschum
Send a message

Post by Slobalt
BWSEZ wrote:Gas price function is not finding any stations for me today or yesterday.
Even while I am at station putting gas in my car.
I am having the same problem today.
Slobalt
Send a message

Post by Slobalt
timmy59 wrote:
BWSEZ wrote:Gas price function is not finding any stations for me today or yesterday.
Even while I am at station putting gas in my car.
Had this problem the past two days. Maybe it has to do with the app update?
No it's not from the update because it worked for me after I updated, then stopped a day or two later.
Slobalt
Send a message

Post by speedlever
Gas price feature is working fine for me on 3.7.8.
speedlever
Send a message
OnePlus 3 on AT&T
Android 7.1.1
Waze 4.22.1.0