[Script] UROverview Plus v3.103 (20170605)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.33 (20141228)

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:10 pm

taco909 wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:if another editor has already commented on a UR within the given time frame, I don't want to see it. :-)

Except that some of my comments are "Feel free to close, it's your area"

And eventually it will show up with the minimum age expires. So no, in my case, I really don't want to see it if it was commented on yesterday by another editor - I can just as easily close it four days from now as I can today (assuming that I've set 4 as the minimum number of days). :D If you've solved the issue and want it closed, then close it (which, IMO, you should be doing anyway if you've fixed a UR ("you" being a general term here, not necessarily you in particular) - just make your final comment and close it as solved/NI).

If I wasn't clear that I was still looking at a minimum age to go with the rest of my requirements, then I apologize for not being more clear in my intent.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:07 pm

taco909 wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:if another editor has already commented on a UR within the given time frame, I don't want to see it. :-)

Using current filters, I really hate comments like that since I won't see that UR again for 8 days unless I turn off my filter or navigate to it via the link in the e-mail.

If my requested filter setup becomes possible, though, it wouldn't be a problem at all. =D
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby taco909 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:03 pm

taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm with SuperDave on that. I've been bumping into the same problem but just assuming it as a limitation of the filter system.

Generally speaking, these are the UR's I want to see:

UR's that have never been touched by an editor ever, and only have reporter comments.
UR's that I have commented on that have not gotten a response in 7 days.
UR's that I have not commented on, but a non-reporter has, that have passed the 7 day mark from last comment (8 days).
UR's that I have commented on that the most recent comment is from someone other than me, no matter what age.
When following a link to a UR, such as from an e-mail, that UR is permanently visible for the duration of the session, ignoring all other filters, until I refresh WME by removing the UR from the URL.

UR's I don't want to see:
UR's that have my comment as the most recent, if under 7 days.
UR's that I have not commented on that have an editor and non-reporter as the most recent, if under 8 days.
UR's I've specifically chosen to hide for this session.
Closed UR's, unless any of the 'show' filters I listed above applies.

~

Does that make sense?

Also, a new feature request. Currently, the red/orange/yellow is based off of WME's default color system, which turns yellow or red after X amount of days. In areas like the raid, where some UR's are really old, it would be more helpful to have that instead scale to the age of the oldest visible UR (after filters are applied), So the third oldest on screen get red, the third in the middle get orange, and the third newest get yellow. Even better if you can do it on a gradient instead of just those three colors!

So for instance if the oldest visible UR is 270 days, then UR's older than 180 days are flagged red, 180-90 are flagged orange, and newer than 90 are flagged yellow. As you take care of red UR flags first and the 'oldest' UR's value comes down, it would scale dynamically. Say you take care of all the red ones until the oldest is 180 days, then it would be older than 120 are red, 120-60 are orange, and under 60 are yellow, etc.

~

Last feature request of the moment: A hotkey to jump to and open the oldest unfiltered UR on the screen.
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Ok, I guess first I'll add to the voices saying that there seems to be a problem with viewing a UR properly when clicking on it (doesn't want to load).

That done, now for why I came into this thread: I was wondering, is there any magical combination of options I can choose that will let me hide a UR that has been commented on within X days, unless there's been a new comment (last comment) by the reporter? I can't seem to come up with a combo that will do it. So when I get the E-Mail notification that a UR I've commented on has been replied to and I click on the link, the UR is still invisible until I go into URO+ settings and turn off the "hide comments less than x days" option.

I realize I could just do "last comment by me," but in the Raid area there area lots of people working URs and frankly, if another editor has already commented on a UR within the given time frame, I don't want to see it. :-)

Maybe an option could be added which says "UNLESS the last comment is the reporter" (which would then negate the other filter options and unhide the UR), or something like that? Or if there's already a way to achieve that with the current options available, I'd love to know what it is. ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby bz2012 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 am

After I move the view, I can't see the conversation data on URs when I click on them UNTIL I do a shift-alt-R.
After that finishes refreshing the data, I can view the conversation number and the conversations.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Lyonsbt » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:14 pm

I'm also getting the UR loading issues, using Chrome with all other extensions disabled for testing purposes.

As a side-note, at zoom level 0 I can click around on any number of UR's and they load fine, it only seems to be an issue when I zoom in further and navigate around (at which point no UR's will load, even at zoom level 0).
Lyonsbt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:42 pm

In that case I wonder if it's related to the UR loading problems - if the UR data isn't all loading as expected, the script may end up generating a new list using the incomplete data. If this is the cause, it would also be "solved" by making the selection persistent.
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby qazxcvbnmm » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Twister-UK wrote:2. The reporter lists are generated in realtime from the names which are present in the map data at that point in time, so if you scroll out of an area where the selected editor has been active, their name will no longer be present in the list and so the script deselects it. I'll look into making it a persistent selection so that if the user is no longer present in the area it still remembers them unless you deliberately change the selection.

I don't think that is exactly what is happening in my case. In the LA MapRaid, as a service, the user "nivekeel" that has mass pre-replied to maybe half of all URs. In panning around to close out his 7 day old URs, there are always some in my map area. At least half the time though the user is reset to someone else after I pan or I lose the ability to see the conversation and have to reload the page (and typically lose the username). "nivekeel" is always available to be reselected from the list.
qazxcvbnmm
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:47 pm

qazxcvbnmm wrote:1) I'm getting this quite regularly in the LA MapRaid area. Perhaps it is related to having many many URs in the map.

2) I also found that the filter by reporter often doesn't stay set to the selected user when you pan around.

3) When hiding by "Without comments by user", it seems the other hide options stop working. In particular, the "Last comment less/more than X days ago" stops working when "Without comments by user" is selected.

1. Possibly, although there are more than enough URs in London (my home turf and where I do pretty much all my script testing) to give any UR-based code a damn good workout.

2. The reporter lists are generated in realtime from the names which are present in the map data at that point in time, so if you scroll out of an area where the selected editor has been active, their name will no longer be present in the list and so the script deselects it. I'll look into making it a persistent selection so that if the user is no longer present in the area it still remembers them unless you deliberately change the selection.

3. Confirmed (bah humbug...) I'll fix this next year ;)
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts