[Script] UROverview Plus v3.71 (20160208)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.11.1 (20140701)

Postby ply8808 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
ply8808 wrote:Lots of useful stuff...

Ah, gotcha! Thanks, I'll see if I can recreate this at home. One final Q, is this on the production or beta version of WME?

Working on production version of WME.
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
SM - Arizona, CM - USA, LC - USA
iPhone 6, iOS 8.4
ply8808
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby tonestertm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:42 pm

ply8808 wrote:Turn restrictions are shown, to include the false turn restrictions, as well as the correct ones....
Refresh or movement of entire shown screen will eliminate the false indication.
For the record, I ran in to something like this yesterday, as well, but didn't have the time or tenacity to narrow it down the way ply8808 did (nice work!). I just assumed it had something to do with looking at something outside of my editable area.
US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby jasonroseweir » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:49 pm

I am also getting lots of the follows errors in my Chrome JS Console with this new version using the production WME:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'userName' of undefined wme_uroverview.3.11.1.user.js:1893
uroGetUserNameAndRank wme_uroverview.3.11.1.user.js:1893
uroGetAMs wme_uroverview.3.11.1.user.js:2494
OpenLayers.Events.OpenLayers.Class.triggerEvent OL-7c8a3b7f.js:91
OpenLayers.Events.OpenLayers.Class.handleBrowserEvent OL-7c8a3b7f.js:91
(anonymous function)

I'm still trying to pin down the specific sequence of events that appear to cause this to happen (which then breaks the other functionality of the script - e.g. no more UR popups, etc), but it seems to happen after I have zoomed in and out (perhaps while some of the layers are still loading?).

EDIT: So after more investigation it appears this can happen either when zooming in/out or just moving the map around, and occurs when the userID of an AM of the current visible area is no longer present in the Waze.model.users.objects Object (which I guess only contains user Objects that are relevant to what is currently displayed in the WME window?).
So, again this is mostly conjecture, does that mean if an AM for the area currently visible is not associated with any of the visible segments, it's not possible to resolve the userID to username & rank?

Twister-UK - I'm sure you've already worked this all out for yourself, but I was intrigued about what was happening so did some debugging to satisfy my curiosity... :geek:
Area Manager - Central Belt (East), Scotland
covering Fife, Edinburgh, West Lothian & surrounding areas (inc. Stirling, Perth, Dundee, Falkirk)
ImageImage
UK Editing GuidelinesFAQWaze - Current status
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.12 (20140703)

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:10 pm

3.12 addresses the issues noted by ply8808, SuperDave1426 and jasonroseweir. Thanks to all of you for your feedback, makes my life a hell of a lot easier when bugs are so neatly described and dissected :D

The issues noted by ply8808 and SuperDave1426 are related, and were being caused by the way the script initiated its own request for the AM data when the AM layer was turned off. In some circumstances, this request could clash with a data request placed by WME itself, and depending on which of the requests got nuked determined whether it caused ply or SuperDave's issue...

Since I don't think there's any way for a userscript to determine with any level of accuracy when a WME-initiated request has concluded, URO+ now only displays the AM list when the AM layer is turned on, putting the responsibility for requesting the AM data back into the hands of WME... A new checkbox "Hide Area Manager polygons" has then been added to the Misc tab - when this is ticked and the AM layer is turned on, the explosion of technicolour polygons that usually accompanies turning on of this layer will no longer occur, and the end result is visually identical to how 3.11.1 looked when the AM layer was turned off.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Seems to be working now, thanks!
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jasonroseweir » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks for such a fast turn around on those issues. :)

Minor Feature Request: A different Roadworks icon for [ROADWORKS] URs which are Closed

The new cone icon for Roadworks URs is great, really helps me separate what's going on in my area at a glance.
However, now that we can see Closed URs as well (which I like to see so I can check they are being closed correctly), I think it would be really useful to have a slightly different icon for Closed Roadworks URs. Perhaps a variation on the crushed cone icon from the mouseover of open Roadworks URs?
Area Manager - Central Belt (East), Scotland
covering Fife, Edinburgh, West Lothian & surrounding areas (inc. Stirling, Perth, Dundee, Falkirk)
ImageImage
UK Editing GuidelinesFAQWaze - Current status
jasonroseweir
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:50 am

I was wondering if there's a combination of options that can be used to hide an open UR where the last comment was made by me, but only if that last comment was made less than x days ago. Once it gets over a certain number of days, it shows up again.

So, is there a way to make it do that? :D
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:23 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:I was wondering if there's a combination of options that can be used to hide an open UR where the last comment was made by me, but only if that last comment was made less than x days ago. Once it gets over a certain number of days, it shows up again.

So, is there a way to make it do that? :D

You can try
Last comment made by me - no
Last comment less than XX days

This will only show URs which YOU commented on last, and your comment is more than XX days. It will not show urs you didn't comment on though.

I usually do this in stages, first hide all URs I already commented on, deal with what's left. Then filter as above.
ImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:26 am

Thanks for the info. Based on what I saw in the options, I didn't think it would be possible to filter the way I described. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. :-)
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby taco909 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:27 am

Searched through and could not find references.
Someone mentioned that with URO we could view cameras at wider zoom levels than the base WME. I am not seeing that on my system. Was the comment in error, or am I not doing something to enable it? I didn't see anything like that in the options tabs.
-- Rich
ImageImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts