[Script] UROverview Plus v3.102 (20170316)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.33 (20141228)

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:26 pm

rickzabel wrote:Versions 3.34 In the LA area with the settings “Not resolved by user” and “Without comments from user” enabled there is a noticeable delay after the map reloads while these lists are populated, but the waiting icon issue is no longer happening.

Good to hear its no longer a showstopper issue for you, though I'm a bit puzzled as to the delay you mention - unless your entire system runs JavaScript slowly then there's no reason for the list population code to be noticeably slow, suggesting there's still some unexpected interaction with the native code. Any chance of a debug console grab to see if that sheds some light on the problem?
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby rickzabel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:24 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:You guys should look into [url=j.mp/UrComments]UrComments script[/url] which has presets and works with URO+ to hide certain URs, (once they are both repaired from the latest wme release)

Thanks for the mention of that. I've actually looked into the URO+ presets section of of UrComments. Unfortunately, that still doesn't do what I (and I suspect several others :) ) am looking for here. There is a preset option there which says, "URO+ New requests / UR replies", which has a tool-tip of that says that that it shows only new URs or ones that have replies from the requestor (which I assume is the driver/reporter using the app). Problem is, that doesn't provide for a restriction of the reporter being the last/most recent comment.

Editor comments, reporter replies, editor replies with further request, no further replies from reporter - that scenario will still trigger it as being visible using that particular UrComment URO+ preset. And in that situation, I don't want the UR reappearing until the time limit has run out and I now need to take whatever further action is warranted at that point.

Firstly I do not want to hijack Twisters URO's thread; we can start another thread about UrComments if needed. But in order to have answers with the questions I will answer these two questions / statements here.
Superdave there is a setting in URO that is named "If last comment made by UR reporter?" if you choose “no” under for that option it will only show URs where the last comment was from the driver (Reporter) or if there is zero comments. This is just as you describe in your request and Editor comments, editor replies with further request, no further replies from reporter should not show up. The preset "URO+ New requests / UR replies" clears all other URO UR filters and then enables only “If last comment made by UR reporter?"

Thortok2000 wrote:The comments script messed with my URO filters in a very confusing way and I didn't like it. I also couldn't figure out how to create custom comments as I didn't like the defaults. I ended up disabling it.

Thortok2000, Urcomments presets completely clear your uro settings before applying the preset. Each preset is designed to show you URs that currently need commenting on, need reminders (if your area does this), or closing as stale. I know at a glance the settings used are confusing but they are setup so they do not interfere with the functions of each other.
As for the default comments they all have been reviewed and rewritten, if you want help setting up a custom list please contact me.

Twister-UK wrote:Whilst trying to provoke my dev system into showing me the UR conversation bug that seems to have affected just about everyone *except* me,

Twister, I was also having the trouble with the spinning waiting icon when using URO 3.33 in the LA raid area. I ran through a combination of scripts/ plugins and determined URO was causing the issue. As further test I ended up commenting out code that adds names to the lists “Without comments from user” and “Not resolved by user”, afterwards the waiting icon issues went away.

Versions 3.34 In the LA area with the settings “Not resolved by user” and “Without comments from user” enabled there is a noticeable delay after the map reloads while these lists are populated, but the waiting icon issue is no longer happening.
rickzabel
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:06 pm

You have to actually edit the Custom comments script (for UrComments) itself inside Tampermonkey to customize those response strings. Just FYI. Yea, not as convenient as other methods, but it's the one he can use due to browser security trying to keep plugins from running amuck accessing files on your hard drive that they shouldn't, etc....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:03 pm

The comments script messed with my URO filters in a very confusing way and I didn't like it. I also couldn't figure out how to create custom comments as I didn't like the defaults. I ended up disabling it.
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:01 pm

PesachZ wrote:You guys should look into [url=j.mp/UrComments]UrComments script[/url] which has presets and works with URO+ to hide certain URs, (once they are both repaired from the latest wme release)

Thanks for the mention of that. I've actually looked into the URO+ presets section of of UrComments. Unfortunately, that still doesn't do what I (and I suspect several others :) ) am looking for here. There is a preset option there which says, "URO+ New requests / UR replies", which has a tool-tip of that says that that it shows only new URs or ones that have replies from the requestor (which I assume is the driver/reporter using the app). Problem is, that doesn't provide for a restriction of the reporter being the last/most recent comment.

Editor comments, reporter replies, editor replies with further request, no further replies from reporter - that scenario will still trigger it as being visible using that particular UrComment URO+ preset. And in that situation, I don't want the UR reappearing until the time limit has run out and I now need to take whatever further action is warranted at that point.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PesachZ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:51 pm

You guys should look into [url=j.mp/UrComments]UrComments script[/url] which has presets and works with URO+ to hide certain URs, (once they are both repaired from the latest wme release)

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:44 pm

SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Even in areas with low density, I still use filters to determine when I'm 'done' with an area. No more UR's visible = done.
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:39 pm

taco909 wrote:
Thortok2000 wrote:
taco909 wrote:Except that some of my comments are "Feel free to close, it's your area"

Using current filters, I really hate comments like that {...}

[ img ]
Even without filters, I hate comments like that. As far as I'm concerned, it became the other editor's issue the minute he/she stepped in and fixed it. Don't tell me I can close it now; you dealt with it, you can make your final comment and close it. :D

taco909 wrote:
Thortok2000 wrote:{...} since I won't see that UR again for 8 days unless I turn off my filter or navigate to it via the link in the e-mail.

If my requested filter setup becomes possible, though, it wouldn't be a problem at all. =D

Well... and the fact that my message will show in your email, giving you the heads up that you need to shut the filters off.

Yup. And when the E-Mail is because the reporter responded, I want to see the UR sooner than the number of days that I've set in the filter - which I believe was the point I was making when I asked if there was a way to add an option that negates the hide filters if the last comment is from the reporter. ;)

Yes, upon getting the E-Mail, I know that I now need to go through the hassle of bringing up the URO+ tab, scrolling down to find the filter options and shut off whichever ones have been set and then turn them all back on again once I'm done with this one particular UR, but that's kind-of a hassle. Such an option would alleviate that. It would be a nice convenience feature, that's all. If it can't be done or won't be done, then fine; it can't/won't be done. Personally, I really liked the filtering option setup that taco909 listed and would love to see that come to pass, but likewise; if it can't or won't be done, then there's not a lot we can do about it. But there's no harm in asking for a desired feature, right? :mrgreen:

Personally, I go in with all filters disabled and then apply them as the UR density dictates.

Yeah. And in the Raid area, if you don't turn those filters on and leave them on during your editing session, you end up with more URs than you can hope to deal with and keep track of in your head. ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby taco909 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Thortok2000 wrote:
taco909 wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:if another editor has already commented on a UR within the given time frame, I don't want to see it. :-)

Except that some of my comments are "Feel free to close, it's your area"

Using current filters, I really hate comments like that since I won't see that UR again for 8 days unless I turn off my filter or navigate to it via the link in the e-mail.

If my requested filter setup becomes possible, though, it wouldn't be a problem at all. =D

Well... and the fact that my message will show in your email, giving you the heads up that you need to shut the filters off.

Personally, I go in with all filters disabled and then apply them as the UR density dictates.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts