[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.7 APR 2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby bz2012 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 pm

I was just thinking of something that would be nice:

Some kind of difficult to ignore WARNING when the number of pending 'saves' exceeds a [perhaps settable] alarm level.

For example if the whole 'search bar area' background were to turn red when pending saves exceeded 100.

Not sure which script this would be most easy to add to but Color Highlights or toolbox are two that come to mind.

Of course, this feature could be built into WME, but then so could a lot of the nice features that the fine scriptwriters have added.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.9 Jun 2014

Postby Timbones » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:00 pm

NEW VERSION uploaded to Chrome Web Store* and UserScripts
*Chrome will update to the newest version automatically

Only adds 1 thing: colour highlights for Places! :D
  • Places that match the City Highlight = yellow
  • Gas Stations = orange
  • Parking Lots = cyan
  • Water = blue (includes River / Stream, Sea / Lake / Pool)
  • Parks = green (includes Forest / Grove and Golf Course)
  • Everything else is left as pink
It may be a bit buggy, so let me know if you spot any issues or if I've missed out some categories that should be green or blue.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Szata76 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:09 am

Hi,

Thank You for your work!
I've found a small bug. After switching the Filter by Editor option on, the Time/Vehicle Restrictions, Unterminated Roads* and the Highlight a Road Type highlighting partly disappeared on the map.

Could You check it?
Thanks,
Hardware: LG G3 (D855) / OS: 5.0
Editor level: 5; Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
feedthe.waze.hu: Country Feed Manager (Roadworks reporting)
facebook.com/waze.hu ● google.com/+WazeHUN ● wiki.waze.hu
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby tonestertm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:33 am

Timbones wrote:The "Locked" option now displays 2 colors: red = locked but editable by you; black = locked at a higher level.

The "Toll" option shows blue dashes for unlocked toll segments, and red dashes for locked toll segments even if "Locked" option is off.
I searched the thread, but didn't find any reference to Toll newer than this. I want to verify something that I'm seeing.

The Editor lock highlights are working perfectly. I'm a 4, so roads locked at 5 and 6 show up as black lines and 4 down to 1 show lighter and lighter red. No problem.

I was investigating a problem and had turned Toll highlighting on, and at first thought I was seeing one blue Toll segment where I expected it, but not another. After dialing WAY in, I discovered the red highlight on top of the Major Highway segments I was looking at.

Now, this red Toll segment was locked at 3, the blue Toll segment was "unlocked" at 1. I checked some other Toll segments locked at 5, and they appeared to have red highlighting as well. Then I searched and found the above.

So, the Toll highlighting does not function in the same way as the Editor Lock (variable opacity), and anything above Level 1 is considered "locked"? Or am I just seeing things wrong?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby Timbones » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 am

tonestertm wrote:So, the Toll highlighting does not function in the same way as the Editor Lock (variable opacity), and anything above Level 1 is considered "locked"? Or am I just seeing things wrong?

This is correct. Tolls are dashed blue if unlocked, and dashed red if locked above rank 1.
Mostly due to legacy reasons, as the Toll highlight was implemented before we had variable lock.s
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlexN-114 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:43 am

Timbones wrote:[*]Parks = green (includes Forest / Grove and Golf Course)

On the client FARM is now green, why not also in the editor? ;)
best regards Alex ;)
AM Waldviertel (NÖ)/Forest quarter (Lower Austria) / CM Austria / GC
HiLiCi @ greasyfork.org or @ userscripts.org
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tonestertm » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks for the clarity on the Toll information. Any likelihood to alter it a bit? Locked Tolls are difficult to see on MH segments above a certain zoom. And I wouldn't think the fading/opacity option would be a necessity, but if at least all Tolls at or below a given editor's Rank were one color and above (or out of area) another, a la the Editor lock, it might be helpful, since one supersedes the other. Maybe I'm just weird.

I feel like I should just Thank you every single time I post here, for the incredible value of this tool. THANKS AGAIN! :)

I wonder if anyone else would have an interest in the possibility of having sort of a sub-head section under Streets, whereby either All Streets (as it currently provides, by selecting "Streets") or just one type (or possibly even a selection of types) of Street could be selected. It would make the list ugly, though, and I'm not dying for this option, but sort of wished for it today.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.91 July 2014

Postby Timbones » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

NEW VERSION uploaded to Chrome Web Store* and Greasy Fork (moved from UserScripts)
*Chrome will update to the newest version automatically

Just a few minor fixes:
  • Automatic Locks now shown as dotted red lines (where available)
  • Tolls are only shown as blue dashed (ignores lock status)
  • Farms areas now shown in green
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby doctorkb » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:27 pm

As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

doctorkb wrote:As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.

I feared that might happen. Given that Validator shows these too (?), I'm considering dropping this feature from my script...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts