A new editor version is upon us. Here are the details:
- Road ranks - we have improved the way this works according to your feedback. Basically, all roads are defaultly locked to automatic. Automatic is the road ranks algorithm - a busier road will be locked to a higher rank, according to specific country configuration etc. An editor can choose to manually lock the segment on a different rank by setting the lock to that rank's number.
- We do not show u-turn arrows for dead-end roads anymore. We know there are some pending routing issues related to that and we might rollback this change. I am on it and will keep you updated.
- We have added the 'Ferry' road type - for now there's no change in the way it will be handled for routing - just the same as 'minor highway'. We are currently working on an improvement for this - we'll keep you posted.
- The Street View close button is now bigger, on the other side, and can be activated with a keyboard shortcut to (Shift+W by default).
- House numbers are now shown for places address preview
- Translation updates
- Hovering the permalink icon and pressing Ctrl+C/Cmd+C now copies the permalink.
- Assign an empty city to new places if no city exists in that location
- Bug fix: segments were not selectable if toggling on the Places layer (until panning the map).
Please let us know if you have any issues or feedback.