Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

WME v1.6 release - (v169)

Post by
Hey guys,

A new editor version is upon us. Here are the details:
  • Road ranks - we have improved the way this works according to your feedback. Basically, all roads are defaultly locked to automatic. Automatic is the road ranks algorithm - a busier road will be locked to a higher rank, according to specific country configuration etc. An editor can choose to manually lock the segment on a different rank by setting the lock to that rank's number.
  • We do not show u-turn arrows for dead-end roads anymore. We know there are some pending routing issues related to that and we might rollback this change. I am on it and will keep you updated.
  • We have added the 'Ferry' road type - for now there's no change in the way it will be handled for routing - just the same as 'minor highway'. We are currently working on an improvement for this - we'll keep you posted.
  • The Street View close button is now bigger, on the other side, and can be activated with a keyboard shortcut to (Shift+W by default).
  • House numbers are now shown for places address preview
  • Translation updates
  • Hovering the permalink icon and pressing Ctrl+C/Cmd+C now copies the permalink.
  • Assign an empty city to new places if no city exists in that location
  • Bug fix: segments were not selectable if toggling on the Places layer (until panning the map).
Please let us know if you have any issues or feedback.
Happy editing!
:D :D :D

POSTER_ID:12957716

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
OyyoDams wrote:Hey Ohad, I have a question about this new thing. Let's take an example. Imagine a freeway is traffic-locked L5, and an L3 editor wants to edit it. He sends us an unlock request, and we lower the lock level to 3. Now once his edit is finished, if we forget to set the segment level back to "automatic", then it'll be L3 forever. Could you add a kind of timer that sets back the lock level to "automatic" if the current level is lower than the automatic one ?
Last time we checked when road ranks were enabled in beta, no one can lower the lock lower than the automatic. Though I suppose maybe now we can?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The "Ferry" road type should not be listed under "non-drivable." It most certainly is a drivable segment type. At the very least under "Other" if not under "Street." Since the routing characteristics match that of Minor Hwy, it could even qualify to be listed higher, though I don't think that is a good idea.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ohad-ron wrote:Hey guys, a quick update - we just upgraded the chat backend server. It is a possible fix to the infamous multiple chat message bug. Let us know if you still encounter it or any other issues with the chat.
There are still users chatting in from other countries which do not appear in the user list, and today I witnessed SkiDooGuy at 15x or 16x. It's quite frustrating as one chat and the chat window just scrolls and scrolls. And there doesn't appear to be anything that we can do when this starts happening.

The Chat Addon is able to suppress the multiple chats, so I'd think the WME code could do the same thing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:Indeed. According to Ohad, the routing bug is supposed to be corrected by the 'small detour prevention', and if it is not being corrected, then the prevention needs to be tweaked. But we will never learn if we just disable the U turns to minimize the bug.

There is actually a problem from disabling U turns – if you disable a dead-end U turn, you cannot do a route with an "added stop" on that dead-end segment; it will fail.
What would make the most sense, and perhaps this is what Ohad along with the routing team are working on, is essentially completely ignoring the state of the u-turn at the end of the dead end segments. If they are going to (finally) fix abuse of dead-end u-turns and have them used logically and especially for the stop-point functionality, then whatever we can manipulate with tools would become moot and we can stop worrying about it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Taco909 wrote:So is a map-wide script going to be run that enables the dead-end u-turns that we've been disabling for months?
That depends on how Waze does it. As I posted above, they could either choose to enable them all, or just have the routing server ignore the turn restriction settings completely at dead-end junctions. (There may be other ways they could do it too.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
KuniaKid wrote:As discussed in this thread, place save bug is quite prevalent in Hawaii. Sometimes it takes 15-20 saves for it to take. And even when it looks like the save has gone through, I can cycle through the refresh and see different versions of area polygons on the same Place Area.
This has been a known issue for a couple versions now. The saves are actually happening in many cases, but WME fails to be notified of this, so it tries to save again, which causes an error because there is already a Place of the same name there. Sometimes it creates a Place with no name on top of the correct one. This all happens without the user doing anything wrong, other than hitting save once.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bax137 wrote:On IE11 when I click on the permalink, I have a 404 error.
As noted, the first thing to do is not use IE and see if the problem also occurs. IE is not officially supported.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BellHouse wrote:Since today I am seeing segments which form a closed loop, which do not seem to have a beginning or an ending (i.e. there are no A and B nodes when selecting it).
JNF split these just fine previously, but as of recent, including 0.0.9.1, it does not.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
With JNF working again, 'q' should confirm unconfirmed and undo revcon again.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze has made changes to try and deal with Chrome 37, which is now, unfortunately, negatively impacting the UI of WME under Chrome 36. They are working on it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message