Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by dmeehan
Ah ha! I am way off the mark, I have only 22,000 edits. I was looking at points :oops:
dmeehan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
davidg666 wrote:I've you want to rack up a lot of legitimate edits and get good practice, one thing to try is to pick a town that you know but that is poorly mapped and go through it from top to bottom, mapping every street, getting all the junctions and street names right, adding landmarks, and mapping the roads in the countryside around the town too. I find it takes a while (2..3 weeks per town, depending how many hours a day you put into it) but the results are worth it. This is what I did for places like Wexford, Enniscorthy, Athy, Kilkenny and Carlow (building on the work started by others, mind you - Waze mapping is definitely a team effort!)
And house numbers! don't forget house numbers!
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
House numbers do seem to be making a difference for me, although I don't know if it is because waze have implemented searching them internally or if they are still pulling that sort of detail from Google. I shall continue testing. I do know that some of the area/places are now properly searchable, but... the results are not structured in a usable way, this I believe is being worked upon.

Pip
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
Well a little our of date, but you will be happy to know that Waze now uses it's internal house number for searches. It kind of has for a while, however recently as last week; Waze implemented a bug fis that was causing Waze to still use Google.

This news is still undergoing testing in the US to confirm. But as I hear more I'll let you know.

Also I don't know if it has been posted. But ever since the release of the new client and Places system. Waze now prioritizes it's own POI database over Googles.

Both searches can and sometimes do appear in the auto-complete, so you have to make sure you select the Waze one.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png