Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Froggypwns
gamernorbi wrote:
hailstorm wrote:Microsoft has announced the ability to port iOS and Android apps across to Windows Phone:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/85114 ... ps-bridges
Native app not ported to Android....Google doesnt give a s.... about Windows Phone users.
Yea it doesn't matter that the Android/iOS versions can be easily ported, if Google doesn't want too then they won't do it.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
caamaral wrote:Voice don't work. What happened?
The short version is that Waze retired the old voices to save money (they were paying royalties), and switched to a voice that Google owns, but in the process obviously never tested to see it worked with Windows Phone, and of course it doesn't.

Presently your options are to use Waze without any voice, or switch to something that actually works like Here Maps.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
nzahn1 wrote:Clearly the solution is that you all get real phones, that do actual things.

{/Troll}
My favorite features of Android are terrible battery life, sluggishness, and constant lockups and rebooting :)
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Apparently some Android APK files can be sideloaded to run on Windows 10 Mobile, it would be interesting to see if that works with Waze (it works with some other apps including Google's My Tracks). That might make it possible to have a version of Waze that is still supported and actually has working voices.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
drsparks wrote:
race68 wrote:For those who can't ACCEPT terms and conditions on a LUMIA 640, just hide the Go Back / Start Button /Search icons at bottom of the screen. It's hiding the accept button.

This doesn't work...at least not in my case (640 w/ WP8GD2). There doesn't seem to be a way to hide the bacl/start/search icons. See screenshot.
Yes they can be hidden, you simply put your finger on the bar (preferably the blank spots between Back/Home/Search), then slide your finger up. The bar will go away and you can press Accept.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Given that there are already over 110 million Windows 10 devices out there and growing, making a universal Windows App even if they are just porting over the latest Android or iOS version makes a lot of sense.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
jeag24 wrote:Can someone tell me why the navigation voice is not working. It hasn't work since the last update. i 've tried everything with no luck.
Over the summer, Waze changed providers of the voice for the text to speech engine. They updated Android and iOS to reflect this change, but have not updated Windows. They have abandoned us, and will not fix it. Your best bet is to go into the settings and switch the voice from one that reads street names to one that does not. It is not as functional as it used to be, but you will have basic voice navigation instruction again.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Novaezianer wrote:Hi,
I´ve been using Waze for 3 years now. First WP, then Android, now WP again.
Or more like: I would like to use it on WP again.
But the app is on the edge of being unusable (no sound output, when changing voice the download won´t work - stuck on 0%, when re-routing while driving the new route will appear, but the "calculating" overlay won´t disappear)
As the app seems to abandoned by Waze support, I fear I have to do the same.
It´s a shame. I loved the app and I loved the idea behind it, but that´s it for me.

Bye
The no sound can be kinda fixed by disabling street names and then picking Amy for the voice, she won't say the names of roads anymore but she will say to make the turns. The "calculating" bug mostly affects slower device (but does happen once in a while on my 950XL and 1520), tapping the back button gets rid of it.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Vlad69Z wrote:Well, it used to work on my Lumia 830 (WM10) and stopped working like a week ago - crashing upon start. It is still working fine with Win Mobile 8.1 on my old 925.
WAZE team, please do not abandon your old time loyal users - it can not be that hard to support an app without adding new features. The one running on 8.1 is OK though looks dated, it is still the 1st choise here in Israel and in many other places. Please fix necessary APIs so that it continues running on WM10 phones - even if Win Phones share is small if you consider tablets the market is decent and growing.
Waze still works on Windows 10, I've had the issue you have before. I suspect that the issue is map database corruption. The only way I've found to fix it is to uninstall the app, reboot the phone, and then reinstall it.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
It definitely works better than the Android version, also faster, and a better UI.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message