metric measurements / local time

Post by yud_
Hi,

Love the app and the concept behind the project!

Is there a way to display metric measurements and my local time in the map editing?
Having miles instead of kilometers is absolutely useless for most of the world outside the US.
Having my local time displayed (rather than US time) will help me detairmine which trip I recorded. As there are no roades mapped at all in my area it is essential for me to identify my trips in order to name the streets.

regards,

Y.
yud_

POSTER_ID:72718

Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Actually, no, it isn't. You can refer to google maps. And it's easier than you think. This will get you to the same exact point in google maps, right from the waze editor.

http://www.waze.com/user_blog/?p=78

edit - hmm, unless google maps has nothing for you either, I suppose, heh.
yud_ wrote:As there are no roades mapped at all in my area it is essential for me to identify my trips in order to name the streets.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Shorty-CM
Probably why I said this:
Shorty-CM wrote:edit - hmm, unless google maps has nothing for you either, I suppose, heh.
While I agree that we should see things in our own time zone and have the ability to look at them in metric measurements and that this would make it easier, it definitely isn't that hard to figure out. The time zone thing isn't random, after all. It is always going to be the same difference, so you only need to figure that out once and then do the same math the next time. And once you figure out a single road that should give you a much better point of reference, too. And 1 mile is 1.6 km, how is that confusing and almost useless, exactly? 20 is ~30. 30 is ~50. 40 is ~60. 45 is ~70. 50 is ~80. 60 is ~100. Or just fire up the calculator app and check. Punching in <whatever> * 1.6 isn't that hard. 1.6092 if you want to get more picky.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by yud_
Thank you for your reply, but it's not really helpful.

There are no roads mapped at all in my area and I record many trips. Having the time for each trip displayed in US time zone is useless because I can't distinguish between my trips. Having the distance displayed is miles is confusing and almost useless.

I am aware of Google maps and use it as a reference. But I'm refering to my trips in the archive.

Y.
yud_
Send a message