[New Page/USA] Responding to incorrect edits

Moderator: Unholy

Re: [New Page] Responding to incorrect edits

Postby bummerdude69 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:43 pm

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Incorrect_ed ... ew_editors

Should adding House Numbers be included in the Constructive Work section? With link to https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_Numbers.
ImageImageImage
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby bummerdude69 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:23 pm

I'd suggest a title change to 'Help for New Editors' or similar. Thinking as a newbie, with the 'softer' title, I'd be more inclined check it out.
ImageImageImage
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Blue04CRV » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 am

As a newish editor who was "sent" to this page, I find the page rather insulting, and am tempted to give up not just on editing, but on Waze altogether. I know I have entered several walking trails in my neighborhood. If this is a bad idea, then the interface should prevent level 1 editors from doing it and explain why at the time, not send them an email which says - "You have been sent here for doing something WRONG."

I also think there should be considerably less prompting of new Waze users to get involved in editing, as after reading the page I am having difficulty remembering much editing that I have done that doesn't seem frowned upon.

Notably:

1) drop exclusive moods for Waze editors (which are themselves misidentified as you have to be a Level 2 editor to get one). Instead release a separate version of the app only available to Level 2 and higher editors.

2) in the app removed the invitation to become an editor that then shows a woefully inadequate how to edit video that includes things like adding exit ramps that 99%of Wazers will never be a high enough Level editor to do.
Blue04CRV

Postby benandjerry » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 am

PacmanNW wrote:I love this page. Of all the wiki pages, I found this one to be the most relevant and helpful when I first started editing. As I progressed to more complex issues, I went on to many other wiki pages, but when just starting, this page was very relevant.

....Upon doing so, I pretty much wish it was the first page I read. I think it is very well-written, well-paced, and provides good, clear, and relevant examples of the most common 'beginner' mistakes (we all made them).

In summary, I think it is a fantastic page. I found it very helpful when starting (I have always been the 'jump in and figure it out as you go' type) and as such have sent it to other new editors -

Bottom line: It's probably my favorite page, but I really think the first sentence (and by extension the second and third) needs to be fixed, altered, or changed (only my opinion of course).

Maybe to something like: This page covers some of the most common mistakes and errors that we all have made.

This post pretty much sums up my feeling about the "incorrect edits" wiki page!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Regional Manager Thailand
benandjerry
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion