The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by russblau
Thortok2000 wrote:I've had a couple that were about 10-15 miles away. Most people don't like reporting from the car. You can open the report and start typing later but it blocks your view of the map until you finish sending the report.
[incorrect]You can also just hit "Later" (or let Waze do it itself through the time-out) and then you just get a little icon floating on the side of the map until you are stopped and able to enter the details. When I see a UR like this, I assume the reporter didn't know about "Later" and explain it to them.[/incorrect]

My bad: Apparently this never did work for Map Issues, although it does work for Hazards and Closures among other kinds of reports. This is a weird omission, but evidently it is a long-standing feature request.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by russblau
orbitc wrote:Let's see...
In NJ, reporting for "Vero Beach, FL" and for What place???
Here's one from just outside the Beltway in northern Virginia:
Houston.jpg
(96.51 KiB) Downloaded 928 times
Of course, I suppose they could have meant Houston, Delaware. :lol:
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
doomedtx wrote: No reply I can think of doesn't involve sarcasm, so...I'll just press Not Identified and move on.
"Report>Map Issue is for reporting issues with the content of the map. For other issues with the operation of the app, try http://www.waze.com/support or http://www.waze.com/forum"
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
Thortok2000 wrote:
mapcat wrote:
Thortok2000 wrote:Tell the user you're unsure of how to mark a yield sign and if he could find an example of another yield sign that's been marked properly so you could copy it that would be really helpful.
Result: 2000 URs for missing yield signs, stop signs, school zones, no parking signs...
First they'd have to actually find an example of one that's actually been marked.
If they were any good at reading comprehension, they wouldn't have posted the original UR in the first place. What makes you think their skills are suddenly going to improve? :D
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
I had a hard time believing what I was seeing in this UR:
Reporter wrote:Problem: Good afternoon, we are starting a new shiur with Rabbi [REDACTED] tuesday nights ON TANACH, DAVID HAMELECH. "VERY INTERESTING" mincha and arvit at Rabbi [REDACTED] 630 pm followed by shiur till 8pm. please join us in [REDACTED]. thank you
Reported on: yesterday
Needless to say, closed as "Not Identified".
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
bigbear3764 wrote:
Jay91150 wrote:Is the cow using iOS or Android?
Android I assume because he is running Bovine. :lol:
Didn't you mean she?
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
RI.jpg
(138.93 KiB) Downloaded 973 times
Right. We'll send a crew out immediately to build a road for you.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
UR wrote:General error (user reported)

Problem: this is called Solana Rd on all the signs.
Reported on: April 09

russblau(5) on May 06, 2014
Hi, I'm a volunteer Waze map editor. What name is Waze showing you for the road that should be called Solana Rd?

Reporter on May 07, 2014
Intersection of Solana and Goodlette-Frank in Naples FL has Burning Tree as name of Solano on east side of intersection, and directions to get to Royal Poinciana Golf say to turn right onto Burning Tree. But all signage is Solano, even after making the turn. The Solano segment needs to be extended eastward. Tried to report it at the time but wound up sending from NY a few days later.
A mere 1,318 miles away from the source of the problem. And I'm sure there was no way anyone could possibly be confused about what "this" meant. :lol:
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
UR wrote:Wrong driving direction (user reported)

Reported on: June 22

russblau(5) on June 24, 2014
Hi, I'm a volunteer Waze map editor. Can you provide any details about the map issue you reported on the Outer Loop at Gallows Rd?

Reporter on June 24, 2014
I don't care
Possible response: Neither do I, now.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
Missing road (user reported)
Problem: I could not find my address
Reported on: April 12