These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by unlimitedsounds
I'm another one reporting no tts at all. I tried changing from Samantha to Tom but then I had no voice at all. will this be fixed soon?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by usa_eq6yo75b
Same here. I uninstalled & reinstalled, and I'm still stuck on "Update your Wazer".
Dogadaner wrote:
usa_sm82xfru wrote:I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.
Absolutely Right! And When I try to continue this Dialog I get an Uups Message and end up with the Profile screen but without First and Second Name, altough I filled them at a Dialog before. Getting back brings again the "Update your wazer". Only Way Out is to switch to a random wazer. Then I'm not logged in but have ALL favorites and settings!! Shouldn't be so I think!
usa_eq6yo75b
Send a message

Post by usa_sm82xfru
Dogadaner wrote:I can not login It recursively wants that I login and doesn't take my pre name and sure name. When I want to go back to the main screen I end up with the "update your wazer" message. So I can't use the App anymore (iPhone4S iOS 7.1.1) with my account, only with a random wazer.
I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.
usa_sm82xfru
Send a message

Post by vince1612
It seems like the "Friend pick-up" (wiki link) feature is gone in this version.

Is that because it is now replaced with how people can send locations to other friends inside the App ?

The thing is usually when I pick-up a friend it's because they don't have a car or driver's license, so they also often have no use for a GPS app, even if it's cool and free.

That feature was very useful for those who didn't have Waze because they could share their location with you by clicking a link in the SMS you sent them.
It sounds more simple to me than now having to explain to them which App to download, then where to click in the app to send you their location etc...

I hope it will be back, its was one of the main "cool features" I was usually telling friends about when I was recommending the app to them.

P.S. - Before anyone jumps on me with URLs and thunder & lightning. I did try to search the forums a bit on this pick-up topic, but if it was ever discussed anywhere before the update I did not find it so forgive me for bringing it up here now.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It will return in v3.9. There were issues with the feature.
Ah awesome! Thanks for the info :)
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vituja
I can also confirm that the USA TTS is not working on its default setting "Samantha" since the upgrade to 3.8.0

Also noticed that the map directs are very strange. I use Waze every day commuting to and from work. Now the directions home are telling me to get off the highway and take side streets when there is no traffic.

Also telling me to go into a parking lot then turn around and get back on the street again. Very strange and so far very unreliable. It was working fine until the upgrade.

I also tried it on my wife's Iphone 5 too and the same issue persists. I think there needs to be another update to fix these issues.
vituja
Send a message

Post by vituja
pjlasl wrote:Tts no worky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Confirmed!!!
vituja
Send a message

Post by vituja
It seems that the TTS has been fixed, but the app was not updated. Guess the fix was on the server. That's excellent news. Now I get the street names rather than just "TURN LEFT"

However, since 3.8.0 was released, I still notice an issue with not given the turn notice until you are right on top of the turn off. Sometimes I get the audio notice after I make the turn.

The previous version was fine, given ample warning before the turn. Not I get the notice only a few feet away from the turn.

Please fix
vituja
Send a message

Post by vvbarryvv
Having an issue with the new "Send Location" feature. It now requires me to enter my phone number and receive a "verification text" to continue to send my locations and drives to my friends. Text is not a feature of my current carrier plan - voice and data only - so i cannot receive a verification text. this is a feature i use a LOT, and now i can't....
vvbarryvv
Send a message

Post by vvbarryvv
omba_de wrote:Uhh. I've never heard of that before... You can't even receive a text message?
correct - unless you're willing to pay for a text plan or pay per text, your phone will not receive texts. this is not a discussion about cell phone plans, this is a discussion about the new features of the waze app.
vvbarryvv
Send a message