The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by russblau
Last weekend, the public radio program This American Life included a segment that eerily reminded me of our dealings with Jolly Drivers. You can listen to it at http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-a ... act=2#play. The whole program is excellent, but the segment that I've linked to is only about five minutes long, and I think that some of the stories will sound familiar to anyone who has tried to extract reason from some of our more demanding users. :-)
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by russblau
russblau(5) on October 30, 2014
Hi, I'm a volunteer Waze map editor. Can you provide any details about the map issue you reported near 39th St and 8th Ave? What was your destination?
Reporter on October 30, 2014
Hi there, I was going to the Hampton Inn on 39th street. It's all the way at the western end of the block. Waze shows it as on the East corner of the same block.. Why do you volunteer to hell them? They're owned by Google!
Wow, good point! I guess I won't fix this problem after all....
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
You missed a great opportunity to ask them why the chicken crossed the road! :lol:
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
taco909 wrote:often times we get multiple reports from the same, or nearby locations. Occasionally, the reporter replies on one "I've already told you, why do you keep asking?" meaning that this one reporter was obviously the source of at least two of the reports, if not all 4-8.
Usually, the UR ID numbers (which are visible in the popup if you use the URO+ script) are a good clue; consecutive (or nearly consecutive) numbers in the same vicinity almost certainly means the same reporter hit "Map issue" multiple times.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
UR wrote:Wrong driving direction
Reported on: May 06, 2015 11:25
Problem
used to be a good app but is starting to suck.
And you used to be a good user, but now, ....
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
tridom01 wrote:
taco909 wrote:
robertonthego wrote:.....Yup... somewhere north of 40 place points on one house, all with addresses from all around the neighborhood.
As a newbie, I'm trying to do some learning and this brings up a question for me......

Would Waze use these points as a location when someone puts in an address for a destination? Ergo- would that person get an "incorrect place"?
Basically, yes. If I put a Residential place point over my house but with your address, then anyone who searched for your address should get directions to my house.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
Well, they entertained us, so at least they chose the right category.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
bz2012 wrote:
2015-07-23_060615.png
They probably didn't enter any text because they were still hung over from celebrating the Armistice. :D
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
kodi75 wrote:Here's one for you - in western Maryland. "Not Enough Cows"
Well, they are right, aren't they? I don't see a single cow in that aerial view. :lol:
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
AndyPoms wrote:I have half the mind to let this one sit for a month or two and then reply "HEY!! Someone else survived! There is a small survivor group in <some random location>, we have food".
Armaggedon.png
Tucson. Definitely, Tucson.

(For those of you who don't get it, google "Alive in Tucson".)
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message