Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ENO75
The annoying++++ part about it is you go to the place you're looking- and just as you're focussing in on what you want to look at it re-centers on your position.

I suspect this thread was made immediately on the heels of one such experience or a series of them. I know it frustrated me to the point that I was going to drive over my phone with a bulldozer. (What you call an anger management issue I call passion)

Anyway- I fully agree that we should be able to disable it completely... But as said above that it should be a setting.
ENO75
Send a message
Ian "Eno" McLeod

Post by ENO75
Why is it that you can choose NO AUTOZOOM an yet it still does?

456 I just can't win with this ap
ENO75
Send a message
Ian "Eno" McLeod

Post by felohidalgo
Sometimes when GPS don't fix the position if because the satellite information (almanacs) of your device needs to update. That's usually an automatic process, but you can force it downloading a software to do it. Also to help the GPS fix, it is better to stop the car to let the GPS establish the current position.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by Gamersea
I like it sometimes, other times it annoyes me so much! I would like some more option on the zoom overall.
Gamersea
Send a message
[img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by Mike-1323
RobAGD wrote:Not really sure WHY but it would never remember that the last place it had GPS so when it would attempt to resume it always snapped back to the start in Va.
Based on my observations when Waze does not get gps coordinates from the os it displays an "approximate location" based on the network connection. For phones this seems to be the location of the nearest cell tower. If your tablet is wifi only it may be using the last network connection (wifi location) as the "approximate location," thus jumping you the whole way back to your start point. Dunno if that is happening, it's just a theory.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///0NAfp[/img]

Required reading: Quick Start Guide, Best Practices, USA Road Types

Post by RobAGD
I have the say the Snap back needs to be an option.

As an example, today 16/5/14 I was having some horrid GPS issues. Going to an area I was not very familiar I had a route that worked, it just wasn't updating my current location which I could live with but because of the snap back it kept putting me back in Va vs Ohio.

The tablet almost went out the window.

There needs to be some work on a few things when GPS isn't working or locking.

Not really sure WHY but it would never remember that the last place it had GPS so when it would attempt to resume it always snapped back to the start in Va.

-R
RobAGD
Send a message

Post by sharpstik
I heartily agree. This "feature" makes using Waze very difficult. Usually my wife is navigating while I drive and every few minutes she starts cussing because she is trying to examine traffic ahead and within five seconds or so is snapped back to the current position.
At first I thought that we must be clueless and couldn't find the setting to control this, but when I got on the forum to ask about it, saw that there seems to be no way to fix it.
I would like to see an option to set this time to variable seconds, or temporarily disabled completely.
Is there some reason why this is not being done? Do the programmers ever monitor this forum?
sharpstik
Send a message