Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by sahls72
Problem:

WAZE isn't showing all the Starbucks on i35s. the one it showed for exit 337 wasn't there. it was exit 348b. also just went 2-3 miles going past & turning around to get to the Starbucks on 294.

That is a dedicated coffee drinker and a seriously loyal Starbucks customer.
sahls72
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///WS6zp[/img] [img]https:///kw8w7[/img]

Post by Scorp42
bz2012 wrote:
petervdveen wrote:But if you have a datalimit, you won't like it very much I think.
Also when dataroaming it will get a bit expensive ;)
Then you don't need to send reports of map problems while you sit in your living room, looking at the map in WAZE. :)

I think that these reports are being sent by people trying to be helpful.
Due to current system limitations, the reports are 'worse than useless'.

This idea would solve THAT problem (and eliminates many 'Jolly drivers' reports.)
Bz... I'm trying to follow your logic and failing. If you have a data limit, then reporting from your living room would make a lot of sense. Hint: wifi

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by ScottZane
Umm...wrong "forum"?
UR-H60W.jpg
(247.28 KiB) Downloaded 923 times
ScottZane
Send a message

Post by ScottZane
I told the reporter that they should come here to the actual forums to ask that question instead of submitting a UR over something that isn't a legitimate map issue. The "wrong forum" part was just a humorous suggestion that it should have been in here rather than a UR.
ScottZane
Send a message

Post by ScottZane
tel601 wrote:
ur-error.jpg

This is on Interstate 59 in south west Mississippi. If they encountered Bessemer, AL in south Mississippi, there is a big map issue.
That's more than likely not a jolly driver, but is most likely the driver's destination. I see URs like this on semi-frequent occasions here in Southern Cal. One such UR in my area referenced an address in Phoenix. Another UR in Riverside, CA referenced a location in Corona, CA (next city over).

I remembered finding the cause of the one in Riverside, but in other cases I find nothing obvious. In such cases, the only way anything can be done is if the reporter actually responds with more info.
ScottZane
Send a message

Post by SCP1906
no previous contact, no place point in that area
just asking how we could help :cry:
SCP1906
Send a message

Post by SCP1906
:)
SCP1906
Send a message

Post by SCP1906
does this qualify as alternate name? :roll:
SCP1906
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Scruffy151
Or it was dropped when the map zoomed out.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
bz2012 wrote:
Update Request: Incorrect address
THIS is really Crystal Hill Lane. It never would pave on my phone but popped up recently. I had previously sent you a message that another street had this name. Sorry!
Submitted 84 days ago
nice to get an apology, now and then. Not sure what to do about it, but nice!
Unfortunately I do know what this one is about. The user put up a UR that that road was not there so I deleted it, then I find this UR that they had made a mistake. I am waiting for them to pave it again so I can add it back. There is no trace of a road there in the pictures.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message