Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Waze Cafe in Central America

Post by deblaks
Dear Wazers,

Like most of you might have noticed, I traveled to Guatemala, Panama and Costa Rica to meet the communities of these Central American countries.

The sessions had a very positive outcome. Some of the attendees were meeting each other for the first time and before the end of the reunion had already come up with a starting plan for their team. From my side, I was happy to finally be able to personally meet many of the users and be a part of the growth of their community.

These meetings took place under a Waze Cafe structure, which is a less formal one than a meetup, yet holds the same concept of bringing editors together and starting a Waze-dedicated conversation. In a Waze Cafe, editors from the same area or region get to meet each other and share their ideas in a flexible environment without the formality or organization of a meetup.

This concept was adopted by many communities around the world and after a while, the Spanish community took the initiative of naming it Waze Cafe. Thank you for this guys!

At Waze we love when our community members meet each other and are always keen to promote these initiatives. They are a great way for you to maintain a more direct communication with each other. We believe nothing can replace personal encounters.

If your community wants to celebrate a Waze Cafe in your area, don't hesitate to contact us, we'll be happy to help with whatever we can.

I'll leave you with a few pics from the meeting. In order from top to bottom: Waze Cafe Costa Rica, Waze Cafe Panama and Waze Cafe Guatemala.

Enjoy and until next time... happy editing!

Best,
debbie :)
deblaks

POSTER_ID:16888080

Send a message
Attachments
Deborah Laks
Community Manager
América Latina

Post by alvtej
Debbie, cuando vienen a Colombia?
alvtej
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Alvaro Tejada R.
CM Beta Tester
Cali - Valle - Colombia

Post by enhket
Nice! I know the most of the CR people in the first pic and only hugo from the Guatemala one. Please, don't hesitate to participate in the spanish forums! we don't bite ;)
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8