Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.
Post by kodi75
Live Map shows it in the wrong place. The app's first result gives the same location. If I cancel the result and force the app to provide addtional results, the 2nd Waze result is in the correct location.
2014-06-03-12-27-21.jpg
Waze Results
(40.75 KiB) Downloaded 1680 times
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kodi75
So is the answer to fill in the City name? You can't expect app users to not select the autofilled result.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Thanks for your insight, Alan and CBenson!
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
I've been avoiding the use of Alternate City Name since the Validator seems to frown on it. I've always been for the zip-code city name for rural areas.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
And definitely not Swanton, MD (that's the better part of 200 miles to the west)!

Post office is Phoenix, MD.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
And the many (unrelated) instances of "Ridge Road" in Baltimore County alone!
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Now that I added "Phoenix" to the city name, Live Map will route to 4311 Green Glade Rd, Phoenix, MD if I choose to show "More Results." Otherwise it will default to the Google location.

This is similar to your previous result, CBenson. Note that now "4311 Green Glade Rd, MD" routes to the location in Swanton, Garrett County, MD next to Deep Creek Lake.

Guess that's the best we can do for now. In the meantime I resubmitted an update request @Google.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Ok, in the App I get that too.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

maicovm
Send a message

Post by ploben
I see Alanoftheberg's bug report he submitted to Waze but I wanted to give another example of this. I am running into this same issue with 2 Quail Crossing, Vernon, CT. Waze pulls the Google pin if you select the auto fill but if you choose "more options" Waze will think and give you "2 Quail Xing, Vernon, CT" and the correct HN pin.
ploben
Send a message