Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 am

Not a big issue but there is a delay after you have reached your destination, the client still shows your friend in the shared drive is still connected even though he has shut down the client. If you click on your friends icon it will show that he has arrived.

[ img ]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PesachZ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:23 am

Installed while I was navigating which cake a force close while driving then reopened to the new version. After that it worked pretty well. I did have one instruction "and then turn right on .... Ave" announced about 75 feet after I made said turn.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:58 am

So far so good for me. No crashing at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby a44bolek » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:49 am

Success,

Installs without any problems on tablets.
a44bolek

login with existing user need phone number re-verified

Postby Xuefer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:27 am

the new waze app ask me to verify (associate) phone number, which is good. but after i logout, this weird thing happen: i re-login with my verified account and it ask me to verify the phone again. when i do it just stuck there no going everywhere. i had to close waze gracefully and open waze back up, it seems i've login correctly by checking the setting/account page. that means the re-verify isn't necessary at all
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers

Find friends from contacts - failure

Postby MarcinDrajwer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi,

This is something I observed when I switched from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1.

In 3.8.0 when I go to the "find friends from contacts" menu, I have a full list of my contacts (~400 entries or so).

Now, with 3.8.1 the list contains only ~7 entries. At first glance these contacts are some entries in my SIM, BUT not all of them are there though. None of my original contacts are on the list now. This also means, that my already established friends' nicknames do not map to their names in my phonebook, and I lost contact photos. This does not fix itself after a few hours, that I've given to it to sync somewhere in the background whenever it wants to.

Full app+data removal (with waze directory on internal sdcard) with all reboots on the way, and with a fresh install and login/sms confirmation - did not help. The contact related changes between 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 need to be looked at.

One thing that might be different with my setup - I do not store my contacts on the phone, or SIM, or gmail; I have a CardDAV and sync with WebDAV contacts. No other apps are having issues with accessing these however.

Another thing is if the contacts are interated over... if only some of my SIM entries got through, and some contain names like ".something" or "text - text", then maybe some new code fails when processing unusual contact names. Don't ask me why my carrier put these on my SIM...

As a fallback I am stuck with 3.8.0, which works perfectly, but makes no notification sound, when someone shares a drive, etc. Tried to make a workaround for this with Tasker (Notification Event), but these notifications are not caught by it unfortunately.

Other information: Android 4.3 (JB), Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

If you (devs) need more information, please PM and I'll be happy to provide any details I can.
MarcinDrajwer

data sync problem

Postby Xuefer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 am

after deleting waze folder in sdcard, waze no longer works. the app data has to be clear too to recover from this state
This make make me into thinking that, waze store data not just separately, but separately illogically: waze store a flag(s) in app data about if something is downloaded to sdcard, why not just store this flag(s) with those data together in sdcard? data stored in sdcard tends to be corrupted/lost or switched sdcard etc. It's ok if waze won't detect if some file is removed in sdcard, but in case the whole folder is deleted it should download/reinitialize to a working state

this may have something to do with the following issue below
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers

Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby a44bolek » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:38 am

New version in Play Store. 3.8.1.0

Gentleman, start your engines. :D
a44bolek

Previous

Return to Waze App