Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by bermm
I just tried sharing my drive to my facebook timeline, and the result was the waze logo with a description of the app. I don't mind the logo and a one line ad for the app, but the focus needs to be on text like "Waze is navigating me to [location]. Click here to see my current location and ETA.".
bermm
Send a message

Post by BigMacInTosh
I a using Waze for 8 month now, on an Acer Liquid Z3 (Z130) running android 4.2.2.
Previous version were working with no noticeable issue, but since I update to 3.8.1.0, the application crashes a lot!
For instance, this morning, on the way to work (25km /30 minutes drive) the application crashed at least 4 or 5 times.
This make the application unusable
BigMacInTosh
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Another round-about problem, different client (IOS).
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 925&zoom=6
North bound on Dalrymple.
Via Dalrymple Dr
depart from Dalrymple Dr
at the roundabout, take 2nd exit
arrive at destination
The problem is that although it IS literally the 2nd EXIT, it is the 3rd 'intersecting roadway' and a stranger to the area is likely to turn on the wrong street.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by CanalReeds
Seems like they added a dialog on updating gas prices to prevent typing while driving. Problem is I can't get voice recognition to allow me to report gas prices.
CanalReeds
Send a message

Post by CanalReeds
fieldenm wrote:
CanalReeds wrote:Seems like they added a dialog on updating gas prices to prevent typing while driving. Problem is I can't get voice recognition to allow me to report gas prices.
Typing while driving could lead to a crash - so perhaps it is best that you don't :ugeek:
The issue is rather that voice recognition does not work with gas prices.

Additionally, I'm not crazy about the new way sharing is done, making it easier to share with Waze users but harder to share with anyone via SMS. Navigating to that option takes a few extra clicks, while there is empty space where that option used to be.
CanalReeds
Send a message

Post by CarlStrandberg
I'm in Seattle, Washington using a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android version 4.3 and am getting the same "Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem...etc..." error message when attempting to access my scoreboard. Prior to the start of this problem a few days ago, Waze suddenly considered me a brand new "Baby" user instead of "Knight" rated user. My saved locations were gone, and it wanted me to create a new profile etc. If I manually typed in a previously saved location, the location would pop up before I finished entering the name, and my other saved locations would appear. This happened several times. What's going on? Is there a fix I can do, or is Waze working on the problem?
CarlStrandberg
Send a message

Post by CarlStrandberg
I agree the Scoreboard is relatively inconsequential, so can do without it. But my saved locations (or "Favorites" or whatever) are still missing when I go to the Navigation tool. I can manually enter a previously saved location name, and its address/location will pin to the map app and navigate there, but I now have to do that each time because my Favorite Locations list, or whatever it's called, is gone. I haven't tried any other non-real-time Waze functions, so don't know what else may be effected by this bug.
CarlStrandberg
Send a message

Post by claudiobp
In update requests conversations, the editor level still shows substracted by one.
claudiobp
Send a message
Saludos desde Paraguay/Saudações desde o Paraguai/Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.

Post by dabonz413
I am using Waze 3.8.1.0 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, but cannot find where to set audio language... I want to use the Terry Crews voice, but I've tried multiple paths supplied online and none of them work. The only option I have under Settings > General is Language, but that's just language, not audio language.

Under Settings > Sound, I only have Prompts volume and Play sound to phone speaker..

Help!
dabonz413
Send a message

Post by dabonz413
Nope. I have the bottom two options, but the first one - Navigation guidance - is not there.

I JUST installed Waze for the first time on this phone, so I definitely should have the latest version. Is there a manual update inside the app I have to do or something?
dabonz413
Send a message