Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby mailmannb » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:37 am

Update fail

Waze wont finish installing update on my Samsung S2 (GT I9100, Android 4.1.2)

I get an error message "Application cannot be installed in the default install location"

:cry:
mailmannb

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:50 am

Fredo-p wrote:I've already seen one person mention this, so I will inquire here to better investigate a possible issue.

With the new update to v3.8.1.0, has any user experience Waze give a "dual" or repeat prompt on turn/exiting instructions via TTS/voice?

Examples:
  1. Exit to Exit to Kindergarten Court
  2. Exit right to Exit to Kindergarten Court

If so, could you post here or PM me with the details?

Thanks,
Fredo-p

This was confirmed with 3.8.0.0 as a change to the TTS instructions by design. It used to say for a primary road (highway/freeway) to a non-primary road;
Exit at <segment name>,
it now says; Exit to <segment name>

If the segment name for example is <Exit 2: Front St> your TTS will be "Exit to exit 2, front street"

<Exit to 2nd St> your TTS will be "Exit to exit to second street"
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Fredo-p » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:54 am

PesachZ wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:I've already seen one person mention this, so I will inquire here to better investigate a possible issue.

With the new update to v3.8.1.0, has any user experience Waze give a "dual" or repeat prompt on turn/exiting instructions via TTS/voice?

Examples:
  1. Exit to Exit to Kindergarten Court
  2. Exit right to Exit to Kindergarten Court

If so, could you post here or PM me with the details?

Thanks,
Fredo-p

This was confirmed with 3.8.0.0 as a change to the TTS instructions by design. It used to say for a primary road (highway/freeway) to a non-primary road;
Exit at <segment name>,
it now says; Exit to <segment name>

If the segment name for example is <Exit 2: Front St> your TTS will be "Exit to exit 2, front street"

<Exit to 2nd St> your TTS will be "Exit to exit to second street"

Sketch just informed me on the Update thread in the Wiki section.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby kodi75 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:42 pm

When I Stop Navigation in the middle of a route, the next turn still displays at the top of the screen.

Waze 3.8.1.0
KitKat 4.4.2
LG Volt
kodi75
State Manager
State Manager

data sync problem

Postby Xuefer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 am

after deleting waze folder in sdcard, waze no longer works. the app data has to be clear too to recover from this state
This make make me into thinking that, waze store data not just separately, but separately illogically: waze store a flag(s) in app data about if something is downloaded to sdcard, why not just store this flag(s) with those data together in sdcard? data stored in sdcard tends to be corrupted/lost or switched sdcard etc. It's ok if waze won't detect if some file is removed in sdcard, but in case the whole folder is deleted it should download/reinitialize to a working state

this may have something to do with the following issue below
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers

waze app vs lang mismatch

Postby Xuefer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 am

i was using old waze and have Chinese (any lang other than the builtin english) lang downloaded automatically. when waze is upgraded it still using old lang file until i update the map data in waze setting

even so, some of the old lang strings remains there
for example, some string was translated to Chinese in old version of lang file, but is decided to be not translated in new lang file. i update the map (so does lang file), the english text is still in chinese translated state (while other translated string is updated)
this problem won't disappear until i remove the entire waze folder on sdcard (which lead to the problem i post in previous reply)
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers

login with existing user need phone number re-verified

Postby Xuefer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:27 am

the new waze app ask me to verify (associate) phone number, which is good. but after i logout, this weird thing happen: i re-login with my verified account and it ask me to verify the phone again. when i do it just stuck there no going everywhere. i had to close waze gracefully and open waze back up, it seems i've login correctly by checking the setting/account page. that means the re-verify isn't necessary at all
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers

Postby PesachZ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:09 am

Xuefer wrote:i was using old waze and have Chinese (any lang other than the builtin english) lang downloaded automatically. when waze is upgraded it still using old lang file until i update the map data in waze setting

even so, some of the old lang strings remains there
for example, some string was translated to Chinese in old version of lang file, but is decided to be not translated in new lang file. i update the map (so does lang file), the english text is still in chinese translated state (while other translated string is updated)
this problem won't disappear until i remove the entire waze folder on sdcard (which lead to the problem i post in previous reply)

To clear out the old language translations for TTS you shouldn't need to delete the entire folder. Open Waze and navigate to [cc@tts], type it in as if its an address you want to navigate to, without the square brackets. This should erase all previously downloaded language strings.
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby james890526 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm currently using my LG G2 D802 and it doesn't seem to offer a full TTS feature. Any ideas on how to fix this?
james890526

Image Image

Waze in Malaysia
  • Area Manager : Penang mainland, Kulim
  • Beta Tester
james890526
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby paulkok_my » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:36 pm

james890526 wrote:I'm currently using my LG G2 D802 and it doesn't seem to offer a full TTS feature. Any ideas on how to fix this?
It's not available for Malaysia yet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0 (ZE551ML)

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App