These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by realnoise
Same problem BB Z10 STL100-2 10.0.10.99 ( BS 10.0.10.738 Build- ID 455718) Waze 3.6.0.0

While Routing the ETA is displayed as UTC Time. My timezone is +1 (Summertime +2). :(

Thanks
realnoise
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///pcdMH[/img][img]https:///kw8w7[/img]zwischen Brandenburg an der Havel, Potsdam, Oranienburg und Kyritz

--HOLZHACKEN ist deswegen so beliebt, weil man bei dieser Tätigkeit den Erfolg sofort sieht-- (Albert Einstein) ---

Post by RoadRobot
I have been trying to work with Waze on my Z10 and I find concept excellent. I wish I could make it work the way it's supposed to. Here's my problem. If I start up Waze away from a wireless network (wifi) it has no trouble starting up and tracking my location but I'm unable to use any of the Waze features. The comment from Waze is "no network available" or "searching for network".

However if I start Waze in a location where my Z10 is linked to the wifi, it locates the network and all seems to work as expected. But if I interupt Waze by checking email or taking a phone call, then most of the time I loose the network.

Any suggestions?
RoadRobot
Send a message

Post by RoadRobot
Yes, I do
RoadRobot
Send a message

Post by talsworthy
OrinokoMatt wrote:Same problem on the Z10 here, it works great apart from gobbling the battery and the ETA is off.
Re the gobbling the battery - is this just a factor of the GPS being not efficient rather than Waze?
talsworthy
Send a message

Post by taurasulnebun
Same problem with adress input on the 3.9.2.0 version on a Blackberry Z30.

Solution was to restore to version 3.9.0.0 from the lonk above (thanks btw).

hope the native version will emerge soon :)
taurasulnebun
Send a message

Post by TimRishel
The Time is set to GMT. My arrival times show 8 hours ahead and I'm in Alaska (-8z). I cannot find a setting either.
TimRishel
Send a message

Post by TimRishel
Kuhlkatz wrote:You guys are aware of this Announcement Post just above in the same forum by shirlig ?
Ah, just saw this.
TimRishel
Send a message

Post by yeswps
I have the same issue, running Blackberry Z30 model number STA100-5 with Software Release 10.2.1.2977, but I’ve got following issues:

1. Major issue: Waze frequently freezes while navigating, almost every time i uses it. It's really frustrating and dangerous while driving, as i had to close the entire application and reopen it, sometimes takes about 1 minutes.

2. My time zone is eastern GMT -5, when first enter destination, the estimated ETA time is correct, but after confirmed destination, in the main navigation screen, the ETA is off by 4 hours.

3. Default distant unit always stick to miles, i tried to change it to metric KM, but it won't remember next time when i start waze.

I had an iPhone 5s, and waze worked beautifully, it had become my daily commute must for the past half an year.

When I got BlackBerry Z30 on Sep 10, 2014, waze was the first application I put it on, and immediately the issues started.

I first thought it was my BlackBerry's issue, so I tried to reload OS, secure wipe, OS upgrade. After 12 days of trial, almost every single time I uses waze, it crashes. I'm sure you have received multiple crash reports from me.

Waze is a great app and i really appreciate it. But the freezing issue on blackberry is definitely pushing me to find alternatives.

Please help to address the issue.
yeswps
Send a message

Post by yeswps
Tried to set display in 2D instead of 3D this morning, still freezes...
One another annoyance was the inaccuracy of announcement.

Sometimes it announces road kills 2900 feet away while there's heavy congestion, yet sometimes it didn't announce polices.

Everything worked perfectly on my iPhone 5s previously....
yeswps
Send a message

Post by yeswps
In case anyone is still stuck in the same situation, i've found a work around.

I used Snap to side load Andriod version of Waze
http://redlightoflove.com/snap/

So far no more crash , distant unit stuck at miles or inaccurate announcement.

The ETA is still 5 hours off, but definitly a whole lot better than before.

I've read on internet that someone sideloaded the leaked beta version of Waze, even the ETA issue were gone.
yeswps
Send a message