These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ezawezawww
I feel like when it says 'Take a right', 'Turn left' it's already too late. Sometimes it's just 'In 4 miles...' and then 'Exit right' - but unless you were constantly watching the map, you would not have enough time to change lanes etc. It seems like Google Maps has a bit better timing.
ezawezawww
Send a message

Post by fieldenm
CanalReeds wrote:Seems like they added a dialog on updating gas prices to prevent typing while driving. Problem is I can't get voice recognition to allow me to report gas prices.
Typing while driving could lead to a crash - so perhaps it is best that you don't :ugeek:
fieldenm
Send a message

Post by ForesterKE
Hi,

so I found some issues with the Waze app network reconnect. In case I lost network signal, high mountains, ..., I found that even if I reach the area which is covered with the mobile data and all other applications works, only Waze didn't reconnect. I have to close the application and open it again and then everything is OK.

Maybe a feature request related to the previous issue, would it be possible that Waze will take into account also roads when I have a planned route and which I has apparently passed even if I lost network connection signal? It is really hard to imagine that I will disappear and one point and appear at another point few kilometers later on my planned route. Also it would be nice if sending of information like traffic jams, radars, danger, accidents, ... will be queued and sent as soon as network connection will be restored.

Thanks.
ForesterKE
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
PesachZ wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:I've already seen one person mention this, so I will inquire here to better investigate a possible issue.

With the new update to v3.8.1.0, has any user experience Waze give a "dual" or repeat prompt on turn/exiting instructions via TTS/voice?

Examples:
  1. Exit to Exit to Kindergarten Court
  2. Exit right to Exit to Kindergarten Court
If so, could you post here or PM me with the details?

Thanks,
Fredo-p
This was confirmed with 3.8.0.0 as a change to the TTS instructions by design. It used to say for a primary road (highway/freeway) to a non-primary road;
Exit at <segment name>,
it now says; Exit to <segment name>

If the segment name for example is <Exit 2: Front St> your TTS will be "Exit to exit 2, front street"

<Exit to 2nd St> your TTS will be "Exit to exit to second street"
Sketch just informed me on the Update thread in the Wiki section.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Still having TTS issues with PLRs. If I am to cut through a PL, because its shorter, Waze will reroute. However, it still uses the next named street when instructing me to turn left/right in the parking lots.

Also, still experiencing Waze cutting of the road names when informing me of my next instruction: "In 900 feet turn right on ABC Ln." "In 200 ft turn right on" "Turn right..."
You can tell Waze was going to continue to say something but quickly cut out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
It's happening with me as well. It appears that Waze isn't able to save the voice notification settings. When I switch the settings to "Alert Only" and switch it off after I'm done, then start the app again, it changes back to read Nav and Alerts.

Motorola Droid4
Waze 3.8.1
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
pabluski wrote:I really like the WAZE app and use it daily. I have a suggestion for a cool feature: please allow the end user to add a button or icon that allows the reporting of a car on the side of the road. I do this often and it would be really useful to do it in one press versus four or more.
First off, there is a thread where you can request app features. Secondly, be careful when reporting cars on the side of the road. There is a limit to how many reports you can make and there is also a thread about this. In this thread there is a recommendation to what kind of "Car stopped on the side of the road" you should make.

Don't just make a report on a car being on the shoulder. If there is someone actually working on the car (replacing a tire) and is very close to the road, report it. If the car is far enough into the shoulder, away from the road, they should be safe enough to not report it. Check that thread and see, in detail, what the recomendations are.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by fyra5
Waze is every now and then switching on voice guidance.

I don't like voice guidance; I usually find it more distracting than helpful. Due to this, I switch it off...only to find (once a week or so) that it is suddenly switched on again. Why?

(HTC One M8 och Android 4.4.3)
fyra5
Send a message

Post by gas_85
uncleiro wrote:I had version 3.7.8.0 on my motorola droid 4 and it worked great. The new version 3.8.1.0 will not send my shared ride by text. I also am not receiving shared ride text messages from my friends.

Is there a way to install the older version that worked?
For example here: http://www.apkdad.com/waze-social-gps-m ... c-3-8-0-0/
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by ghostlynexus
I'm on Android 4.4.2 on an unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 running the very latest version of Waze. My scoreboard stopped updating around July 29th. I went on a summer road trip, and drove around 800 miles during the week. My online dashboard is working and updating as usual. However, no 500 mile driven in a week candy has unlocked for me. Nor can I view the candy goals. I'm getting the same "Oops, something went wrong" error message other people are getting.

Thankfully, this problem is NOT affecting any navigational or reporting features. Everything else is running normal as far as I can tell. I'm still a relatively new user, so more points would be nice.

Thanks.
ghostlynexus
Send a message