Highways in St Louis Area

Post by garmsey
Recently someone has been going through the St Louis Area and changing a lot of the roads from major highway or minor highway to just primary road. There are sections of St Louis County that now have no highways and just primary roads. I have gone through and change a few by I do not have time to fix all that have been changed. I am starting to worry that the St Louis area does not have very many active editors and the maps were getting better for a while but now seem to be regressing.

I have also noticed that changes for segments that are locked at level four or five are taking weeks or longer to be corrected. One of the reasons I like waze was because it use to get updated fasted then the other gps apps but now the other apps are getting updated fasted. I do the updates that I can but I am worried that St Louis does not have any high level editors checking the maps regularly.

Thanks to the editors that have helped here in St Louis that are not from here. I hope there are some editors that can now help clean up the area again.
garmsey

POSTER_ID:10820076

Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
garmsey wrote: Is there anything else we can do help with this.
If you need some roads locked, you can always post a lock request to the US unlock/update thread. Or if you need me to help lock stuff down, let me know.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by garmsey
I just checked the maps again for the St. Louis area and see some of the work I had corrected has been undone by the same editor. I have sent them a PM with a link to the Missouri Wiki Page and hope they receive it. Is there anything else we can do help with this. I thought at some point there was talk about restricting editing based on the traffic volumes on roads to help keep the main roads from getting mess up. Is that still going to happen? I am always concerned about lock roads especially when there are not that many active editors in the St. Louis area.
garmsey
Send a message

Post by garmsey
This is frustrating, the user has changed all the changes I made back to just primary street. I don't know what to do and I don't what to have to keep changing the road type back. Like I posted earlier I sent the user a PM but I am guessing they do not check the forums. Below is a permalink to the area where they are making the changes. What else can I do?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=69811575
garmsey
Send a message

Post by harpchad
St. Louis county does need some attention. I've done some work on St. Charles county implementing the functional classification based road types, but I haven't done much in St. Louis county or city. I'll start doing some FC work there as I have time.

I put together a MODOT to road type quick reference on the Missouri wiki page that might be useful for anyone helping with the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
harpchad
Send a message
[img]https:///pcdMH[/img] [img]https:///kw8w7[/img] Area Manager St. Charles County, MO
[url=https:///Ast6Gt]Missouri Waze Forum[/url]
Missouri Wiki Page

Post by the1who
What are you editing to the Wiki page? Just out of curiosity. But was curious what you were trying to do and what was being undone.

Edit: found out that Missouri is updated Wiki from Kentsmith's project.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by the1who
I have tried to reach out to said user. At this moment waiting on reply. Just wanted to update everyone if you come across this message for STL
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100