[Update] Partial restrictions (time and vehicle type)

Moderator: Unholy

Re: [Update] Partial restrictions (time and vehicle type)

Postby CBenson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:55 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:we have a similar HOT lane . . . . The lane is essentially unavailable to drivers, unless you start navigation when IN the lane. . . .

Of course it is mostly moot until we get carpool or HOT status enabled in the client.

We are not expecting to get HOT support distinct from HOV support are we? In other words we already have all the support we expect to get for toll part of the restriction don't we? Why is the lane not available to the toll users?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson

Re: [Update] Partial restrictions (time and vehicle type)

Postby bz2012 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:42 am

I note a conflict between
short term construction (long term closures should use disconnected roads, though time restrictions may be used to synchronize the start or end of the closure period)

and
Disconnect road segments - Road segments should only be physically disconnected if the road is no longer intended to connect or is being permanently removed. While In the past, this method was used for longer term construction projects, the Road Closure feature should now be used.

Revision appears to be needed to resolve the conflict.

It appears to me that the first paragraph, which is very close to the beginning of the wiki, should be revised. I suggest it be revised to read simply
short term construction (see Disconnect road segments below, for permanent closure situations)
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Previous

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion