Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby MoodZy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:00 pm

DavidPattersonCool wrote:
fieldenm wrote:
CanalReeds wrote:Seems like they added a dialog on updating gas prices to prevent typing while driving. Problem is I can't get voice recognition to allow me to report gas prices.

Typing while driving could lead to a crash - so perhaps it is best that you don't :ugeek:

And if you're a passenger?

Use your hands?
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby a4bolek » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 am

And tongue :lol:
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.5.0.1
a4bolek

Postby ezawezawww » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:05 am

I feel like when it says 'Take a right', 'Turn left' it's already too late. Sometimes it's just 'In 4 miles...' and then 'Exit right' - but unless you were constantly watching the map, you would not have enough time to change lanes etc. It seems like Google Maps has a bit better timing.
ezawezawww

Postby vitj » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:56 am

This version repaired voice messages 800m and 200m before roundabound, but there is new problem. Voice messages 800m and 200m before exit from highway is missing. It is big problem and we have a lot of complaints from users in Czech Republic.
ImageImageImage
CM-Czech Republic
vitj
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Using the UK English Serena voice, when reading out a road number which includes a direction - e.g. A308 (N) - the pause between the number and the direction is a clear pause, whereas the pause between the direction and the road name is no different to the pause between words, which gives the potentially confusing impression that the direction is the first word of the road name.

e.g. A308 (N) Braywick Road is read out as sounding like "A308 *pause* North Braywick Road"
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby andrewsf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:07 am

I've been having an issue with this and previous versions with regards to the application commanding control of my Bluetooth connected radio, even when sound is off and the option to prefer the phone speaker is selected.

2012 VW Golf TDI, Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4

Further details in my post at https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101546&p=847781
andrewsf

Postby CanalReeds » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 am

fieldenm wrote:
CanalReeds wrote:Seems like they added a dialog on updating gas prices to prevent typing while driving. Problem is I can't get voice recognition to allow me to report gas prices.

Typing while driving could lead to a crash - so perhaps it is best that you don't :ugeek:

The issue is rather that voice recognition does not work with gas prices.

Additionally, I'm not crazy about the new way sharing is done, making it easier to share with Waze users but harder to share with anyone via SMS. Navigating to that option takes a few extra clicks, while there is empty space where that option used to be.
CanalReeds

Postby la-colle » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi,

I have a big problem with the release 3.8.1.0 with exits and non TTS voices.

For example on this exit : https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?env=row ... ,152115103, you don't have anymore the voice message for 800m and 200m, I only have the voice when you are on the exit !!!

In France there is a specific use for the cameras which are not localized excatly but only on the area.

I had that problem, I enter in the area of the camera but I didn't goes outside the area.

Cf the travel made : https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?env=row ... 9,64392622

Bye.
Area manager : Région Lyonnaise - Regional Manager : Rhône-Alpes
Country Manager
la-colle
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby JimFromIL » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:53 am

I've posted this elsewhere, but will do it again. Street names that have a PREFIX of St. are now being pronounced as "Street" instead of "Saint". Real life examples: Turn right on Street Clair Avenue, should speak "Turn right on Saint Clair Avenue". Another: Turn left on Street Louis Road, when it should speak, "Turn left on Saint Louis Road". It's been happening since the 3.8.0 and 3.8.1. Others know about it. :?
JimFromIL

Postby PesachZ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:09 am

JimFromIL wrote:I've posted this elsewhere, but will do it again. Street names that have a PREFIX of St. are now being pronounced as "Street" instead of "Saint". Real life examples: Turn right on Street Clair Avenue, should speak "Turn right on Saint Clair Avenue". Another: Turn left on Street Louis Road, when it should speak, "Turn left on Saint Louis Road". It's been happening since the 3.8.0 and 3.8.1. Others know about it. :?

Please provide permalinks to the example segments.
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App