These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

some more details on road shields and VIP users

Post by
Hi guys,
These two features are only available on beta, and the numbers might not be final yet - but here are the details.

VIP users
We have four categories, which are based on this order:
1. 1 Million points - congratulations asterix06 and mapcat!!!
2. Mega mapper - 200,000 map edits
3. Mega driver - 50,000 kms driven (approx. 31,250 miles) with waze on EXISTING roads. Unfortunately, the count does NOT include kms of paved roads or munching roads.
4. Mega reporter - 400 different users thanked you for your reports, excluding chit chats. This is for all your reports since you started using waze.

The first 3 are easy to spot from your dashboard. The 4th is not visible in the dashboard, so you'll have to trust us on it. We're also checking an option to add a special message that will be sent to each user who became a VIP (so you'll know).
If a user matches a few categories - i.e. mega driver and mega reporter - he will get the higher VIP status (where 1M points is the highest).

Road shields
we are working on finalizing the process - will update once it's done.
There are two issues which are known:
1. When the primary name of a segment has two different numbers (I-80/I-90) the shield will display the first one of the two.
2. We can't display a shield and a name. We hope to add this ability in the near future. In the meantime, it's best to give the primary name as the "I-80" or "US Hwy 101", and the 'local' name in the alias field.

thanks

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
krankyd wrote:Road shields
2. We can't display a shield and a name. We hope to add this ability in the near future. In the meantime, it's best to give the primary name as the "I-80" or "US Hwy 101", and the 'local' name in the alias field.
Feedback I posted in the other thread:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Shields for properly-named in the Primary segment name for interstates are not being displayed per following the wiki-documented standard:

"I- 5 N" or "I- 5 S", and "State Rte 500 W" or "State Rte 500 E" for example, only displays the name and no shield. Segment directionality in the name is standardized, but it appears to disable the shield display.
Per other's thoughts, the restriction to the primary field will hopefully be removed. Just as "other mapping software and clients do" for displaying a name and multiple shield icons along the length of a roadway, Waze should eventually support multiples.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
First, both the primary name, which is used for the shield display, and the shield appear on the segments, which I find odd.

Second, there are many times when there is no shield showing on the screen. In my opinion, a shield should be visible on-screen for any shield-enabled segment at any time, regardless of zoom. As one shield scrolls off the screen, another should be scrolling in.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Shaigan wrote:What about another countries shield ? In France for example :mrgreen:
In the plan. Not yet available. I have not heard a date suggested. A Euro-based veteran mega-mapper/driver may know otherwise.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Well in any case there were only 4 jumping mega-mappers at the meet, so it's not 100k or it isn't an automatic process.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CBenson
krankyd wrote:You can search our support widget (on waze.com/support) for "VIP users" to see the full list.
Sure I can search for "VIP users" but I cannot see the full list. This is because on my computer, using Chrome with the screen in portrait, the nanorep box only covers about half the screen. The text and table run out the box on the right side and can't figure out how to scroll to see all the text in the point column of the table.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by dmcconachie
Woohoo, straight in at Mega Mapper! :)

Will these manifest as selectable moods on the client like the current executive moods?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I'm not sure the two are interlinked! VIP status was originally 50k edits with Lvl4 at 100k!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Shaigan wrote:What about another countries shield ? In France for example :mrgreen:
In the plan. Not yet available. I have not heard a date suggested. A Euro-based veteran mega-mapper/driver may know otherwise.
It was discussed in paris, seemed an easy addition, heard nothing since!
dmcconachie
Send a message