Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by blackcurrantsol
I'm having scrolling issues with 3.8.1 with ios 7.1.2 and a Pioneer avh-2500bt. Scrolling does work, but it's incredibly difficult to accomplish. Impossible to scroll while looking at favorites.

Details: It appears that in order to scroll in waze you must press on the little bands between selectable fields and slide them up or down to scroll. When looking at alternate routes for example there is a huge problem. Firstly, only the first 2 routes fit on the screen. The third route is completely off screen to the bottom. This wouldnt' be too bad if you could scroll, but you can't. The little bands seperating the selectable route fields are so small that you can't "grab" them to move the screen.

The problem is also demonstrated in the favorites. Here there is zero spacing between the favorite address. Scrolling is completely impossible. Settings menu has the same issues.

Possible solutions: Make scrolling possible by holding down on selectable fields as well as boarders. Other apps on app radio are able to do this so I don't think this is a pioneer issue. Another solution could be to expand/add the banding between fields so make "grabbing" them easier.
blackcurrantsol
Send a message

Post by blademan007
As mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110314, 3.8.1 will not accept 16 char password: max is 15 chars.
blademan007
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Screen goes dark after a few minutes of driving as if the iphone didn't know it was busy doing something. Have to 'slide to unlock' to see the map again.

Did this once while just driving (not navigating). Did it again on the way back home while navigating to home.
Each drive took about 8 or 9 minutes.

When this happens, TTL switches from by Bluetooth to speaker and the volume goes up.
If I am not using the bluetooth, the volume still goes up.

EDIT: prevent auto lock apparently fixes this!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by bz2012
daclements wrote:It seems that I'm having a different problem altogether. Ever since the last update a few days ago, every time I launch the app, it forgets who I am. I have to go through the rigmarole of signing in, adding my phone number, entering a verification code, confirming my name, photo and wazer name. Quite the pain! However, it seems that I'm the only one with the issue. Thoughts?
I would try deleting the app and re-downloading and installing.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Seeing Update Requests from drivers with same complaint. No gas stations or can't update prices.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
nothlit wrote:For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).
Mine keeps changing to alerts only. I thought I might have hit the little sound icon by accident, but the more I think about it, the more I think it is something like your situation.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
stuartdole wrote:Just noticed that with iOS 8.0 on a 5s that Waze isn't seeing cell data - can't "find the network". When I start out from home the phone still sees my WiFi and is able to calculate the route, but once I'm half a block away it seems clueless. Can't report events (searching for network - but obviously not very hard, since the top of the phone screen reports five bars of LTE). Can't search for new routes. Basically unusable.

I also run into the problem that the "prevent screen lock" doesn't.

So - what's up?
Could it be linking to your home WIFI when you are at home and never using the Cell Phone connection at all?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by c1010010
Just giving this a +1 as well.

App goes to sleep on me now. :(
srichgtr wrote:Update turned off auto lock prevention so screen goes dim and sound goes quiet even though the app stays running. I hadn't used Waze in a while so this was a real annoyance as I was stuck with tapping the screen constantly while driving as there was nowhere to stop and fiddle around in the settings to prevent it. It's not a setting that should be altered during an update.

A screen off but sound on normal for a low energy mode would be useful. If it cut the screen but kept the sound on normal volume that would have been fine but it cut the sound so you could hardly hear it. I'm sure a previous version did do this.

I don't know whether this happened before IOS8 but now with IOS8 there is no way to alter 'background app updating' with waze. Is this a change so it can't be turned off or that the app cannot ever be updated in the background? Waze is missing out of the list of apps that can have this toggled on or off.
c1010010
Send a message

Post by cottagegrovejesus
[quote="aequitasXI"]The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among iOS devices.. Please fix! It says:

Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again.

Yeah I've had the same issue for a week now. What is being done to fix this issue?
cottagegrovejesus
Send a message

Post by daclements
It seems that I'm having a different problem altogether. Ever since the last update a few days ago, every time I launch the app, it forgets who I am. I have to go through the rigmarole of signing in, adding my phone number, entering a verification code, confirming my name, photo and wazer name. Quite the pain! However, it seems that I'm the only one with the issue. Thoughts?
daclements
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message