Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by shirlig
Toll roads have been activated in Spain! Congratulations :-)
shirlig
Send a message

Post by shirlig
Toll roads have been activated in New Zealand!!

Woohoo!!

Thanks,

Shirli
shirlig
Send a message

Post by shirlig
Toll roads feature has been enabled in Ireland!
shirlig
Send a message

Post by shirlig
Hurray! Toll roads have been enable in Mexico!
shirlig
Send a message

Post by shirlig
Hi Wazers,

We added toll roads in New Caledonia & South Africa!

Enjoy,

Shirli
shirlig
Send a message

Post by subaru101
Hi
in Germany only LKW must pay for freeway/Autobahn. (In the moment ;) ). So we do not use "toll road" for freeway. Others like ferry and so on is not marked widespread.

Greetings.
subaru101
Send a message

Post by talsworthy
I don't mind being routed through a toll but (in uk) I am not aware that has happened (and then give the choice to avoid) and even better if it could indicate the price of the tolls.
talsworthy
Send a message

Post by talsworthy
Yep that shows - now I know what to look for. Personally I would prefer it more in my face ie this is a toll route do you want to use tolls or similar. Price like petrol prices would be useful to know what I need on me :)
talsworthy
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
ellipsis wrote:It would be nice if you could completely avoid toll roads... I turned on the option, and now during my commute in Denver, the 2nd and 3rd option are ALWAYS tolls, which is pointless to me since the toll roads are ridiculously expensive and I'm never going to take them, even to save an hour. Between work and home, going on the toll road costs me around $20. There are enough other routes on my commute that I would have other options, but they're always a couple minutes longer than the toll routes and therefore never show up.
+100... It's very expensive in Toronto Canada as well. It make no sense to include in 2nd / 3rd option. I live close to a toll road. Have exactly same issue. Thought the avoid toll road would solve my problem. But seems only half. If user choose to avoid it, just completely avoid it please, please!!!
tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
fvwazing wrote:Given that some absolutely want to have an alternative INCLUDING toll and some want alternatives AVOIDING toll the solution can only be to show 1 alternative for each - and indicate which is toll. At least that indication is in the making.
Sorry, I don't like this idea. Avoid toll should same as avoid high way. High way don't show in 2nd /3rd option. Don't mean to mess up avoid high way after this. Waze just finally make it right for it(avoid freeway only).
If user NOT choose avoid toll road , it would be proper to show options with/ without toll road, and allow user to choose. But not otherway. It just destroy this feature.

Completely avoid toll please, if user choose so!!
tigertanghao
Send a message