Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by killerz298
I see they decided to ignore the request of so many users to do away with this forced social media garbage. Just let us share drives the old way and let us get rid of that damn friend icon. I'm still not updating until those changes are made. Hopefully this version doesn't stop working any time soon.
killerz298
Send a message

Post by kodi75
When I Stop Navigation in the middle of a route, the next turn still displays at the top of the screen.

Waze 3.8.1.0
KitKat 4.4.2
LG Volt
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by la-colle
Hi,

I have a big problem with the release 3.8.1.0 with exits and non TTS voices.

For example on this exit : https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?env=row ... ,152115103, you don't have anymore the voice message for 800m and 200m, I only have the voice when you are on the exit !!!

In France there is a specific use for the cameras which are not localized excatly but only on the area.

I had that problem, I enter in the area of the camera but I didn't goes outside the area.

Cf the travel made : https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?env=row ... 9,64392622

Bye.
la-colle
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c5s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0500.png
Area manager : Région Lyonnaise - Regional Manager : Auvergne Rhône-Alpes
Country Manager

Post by lv_guard
There is the huge bug in application, you can report anything, except gas prices.
(honestly not only on 3.8.1.0, it is problem for some months already, with older versions too)

Problem description (3.8.1.0, Samsung Galaxy S2):
- Report - Anything but gas prices - works ok with no problems
- Automatic pop-up window "Looks you are on gas station - update prices" - works ok
- Report - GAS prices - mostly you get the error "No GPS found"

It is really annoing!!! PLEASE FIX IT!

P.S. since you have no "Report application bug" or "Write to developer" option - i write it there in topic.
lv_guard
Send a message

Post by Mailplus
Update fail

Waze wont finish installing update on my Samsung S2 (GT I9100, Android 4.1.2)

I get an error message "Application cannot be installed in the default install location"

:cry:
Mailplus
Send a message

Post by manoeuvre
My cellphone friends who don't have facebook profiles, their names are not appearing on my scoreboard.
manoeuvre
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

manoeuvre
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by MarcinDrajwer
Hi,

This is something I observed when I switched from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1.

In 3.8.0 when I go to the "find friends from contacts" menu, I have a full list of my contacts (~400 entries or so).

Now, with 3.8.1 the list contains only ~7 entries. At first glance these contacts are some entries in my SIM, BUT not all of them are there though. None of my original contacts are on the list now. This also means, that my already established friends' nicknames do not map to their names in my phonebook, and I lost contact photos. This does not fix itself after a few hours, that I've given to it to sync somewhere in the background whenever it wants to.

Full app+data removal (with waze directory on internal sdcard) with all reboots on the way, and with a fresh install and login/sms confirmation - did not help. The contact related changes between 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 need to be looked at.

One thing that might be different with my setup - I do not store my contacts on the phone, or SIM, or gmail; I have a CardDAV and sync with WebDAV contacts. No other apps are having issues with accessing these however.

Another thing is if the contacts are interated over... if only some of my SIM entries got through, and some contain names like ".something" or "text - text", then maybe some new code fails when processing unusual contact names. Don't ask me why my carrier put these on my SIM...

As a fallback I am stuck with 3.8.0, which works perfectly, but makes no notification sound, when someone shares a drive, etc. Tried to make a workaround for this with Tasker (Notification Event), but these notifications are not caught by it unfortunately.

Other information: Android 4.3 (JB), Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

If you (devs) need more information, please PM and I'll be happy to provide any details I can.
MarcinDrajwer
Send a message

Post by mechanik_en57
on huawei P6 with update 513 android 4.4.2 at first attempt to use waze always blackscreen, after acknowliging error closure of waze and restart of waze al is going well ... so waze can be used after blackscreen and errr and restart ... what is the problem?
mechanik_en57
Send a message

Post by mjdoom
I am not sure if this is specific to this version but sketch asked me to post here from WME. The current voice behavior as it relates to roundabouts caused me to take a wrong direction on a recent drive (that was thankfully easily corrected). I have attached an image of the relevant section of the drive to this post.

I was travelling southbound on Rockwood Rd. heading toward North St. southbound. Our hypothesis is that the first roundabout was handled "silently" by the client since I was going straight through to the opposite side and so the direction I heard was to take the "3rd exit from the roundabout". Unfortunately this caused me to take the 3rd exit from the first roundabout on to Main St. which caused a bit of a diversion off of the numbered highway I was travelling on.

I am not sure what the answer is here since using directionals strictly on roundabouts may be confusing with "right/left" but maybe if there is a way to make it still give a direction on "straight" roundabouts so I still would have gotten "take the 2nd exit at the round about, then, take the 3rd exit at the roundabout" I would have continued travelling on the intended path.
mjdoom
Send a message
Attachments