Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Fredo-p
Crap, I can't believe I forgot the CM. Also noticed that I didn't take into account editing and community roles. But I did make that chart just as a quick visual to see if I understood the flow between titles.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
orbitc wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:We need to ask this to Waze as well. I'm sure Canada might want to use it. They might or might not use the same badge
If Canada will, or there is potential for another country to use this title, then it's safe to assume that the page will need to be non-country/generic as possible. This would mean that any US specific information would need its own sub-page.

Once we know what other countries will or are interested in using this, then the construction should be much, much easier.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
I think it would be beneficial to have a page, in the US, that states the ranking structure and the levels and relationship for each position/title. A link to the sub-pages for each ranking position could be included to further explain the duties and responsibilities and what is expected from each position/title/role.
Fredo-p
Send a message
Last edited by Fredo-p on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Fredo-p
That chart would be at the top of the page. Under the chart would be general descriptions for each possible position/title that can be held in the US. If needed, a sub-page can be liked from each description to further discuss, in more detail, anything that wasn't conveyed from the general description.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
So what is the status on finalizing the details of the US SM and the SM wiki page? Is it still in a discussion period with Waze?

Also, if an SM registry is to be made, here is the list of all the known/registered SMs in the US.
State Manager USA
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Awesome. In regards to making a roster of all current SMs, is it safe to assume the US State Manager group is an accurate list?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
no1uknow wrote:Is there going to be an application form or another way to apply?
I could have sworn it was stated that an editor would request their area Champ. But it seems it does not say in detail how an individual would request to become one. Only that they would need endorsement from a Champ/CM to the RC.

Good catch.

I don't think it should be set by application but by having Champs/CMs discuss with a potential editor that they would like to nominate them as an SM. Then inform the nominee of anything that they would need to improve in order to the nominee to be accepted as an SM. This would further enhance the relationship between Champs/CMs and potential editors.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
orbitc wrote: As long as you are active, involved in community and good editor your RC or champ recognize your hard work and offer you the position.. You can always send PM to your RC as well.
How could I have forgotten the most important thing about map editing.....They are always watching. 8-)

I'll look over the wiki to ensure it is cleared stated that efforts in both editing and community are always noticed and selection to SM is by nomination. If one feels they meet the criteria and have not been contacted, they can contact their local Champ/CM about becoming an SM.

What about the Mentor Program? Should that also be taken into account in regards to becoming an SM?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
orbitc wrote:I submitted these to Waze:
SM.png
AWESOME!!!!! lol

That looks more like tech support badge.[emoji6]

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
orbitc wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:
orbitc wrote:I submitted these to Waze:
SM.png
AWESOME!!!!! lol

That looks more like tech support badge.[emoji6]

I'm thinking of making the tie in US Flag. It would look even better :)
Perhaps each country will use their color there.
If only. I second that idea.

Fredo-p
Send a message