Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby CarlStrandberg » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm in Seattle, Washington using a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android version 4.3 and am getting the same "Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem...etc..." error message when attempting to access my scoreboard. Prior to the start of this problem a few days ago, Waze suddenly considered me a brand new "Baby" user instead of "Knight" rated user. My saved locations were gone, and it wanted me to create a new profile etc. If I manually typed in a previously saved location, the location would pop up before I finished entering the name, and my other saved locations would appear. This happened several times. What's going on? Is there a fix I can do, or is Waze working on the problem?
CarlStrandberg

Postby Jmesadino » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Scoreboard not working since July 29th.
Jmesadino

Postby theMadcabbie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Here is an interesting bug I found on the TTS in the UK

Have a look at this PL https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,254695811

Travelling from the A4 Bath Rd to Tull Way the instructions are bizarre - i.e. Instead of saying take the 2nd Exit to Tull Way - its says take the 2nd exit to Jethro way - I'm guessing the routing engine is thinking of Jethro Tull :lol:

Any ideas?

Mark
Mark
The Madcabbie
Hungerford's Top Taxi Company

ImageImage

AM for Thames Valley / AM for Sierra Leone / Isle of Man / Shetlands and Outer Scottish Islands :evil:

waze@hungerford-cabs.co.uk
theMadcabbie

Postby ghostlynexus » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:00 am

I'm on Android 4.4.2 on an unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 running the very latest version of Waze. My scoreboard stopped updating around July 29th. I went on a summer road trip, and drove around 800 miles during the week. My online dashboard is working and updating as usual. However, no 500 mile driven in a week candy has unlocked for me. Nor can I view the candy goals. I'm getting the same "Oops, something went wrong" error message other people are getting.

Thankfully, this problem is NOT affecting any navigational or reporting features. Everything else is running normal as far as I can tell. I'm still a relatively new user, so more points would be nice.

Thanks.
ghostlynexus

Postby mtaylor77777 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:39 am

My scoreboard won't load, hasn't since 7/28, tried force stopping app, shut down phone removed battery, unistalled, reinstalled, 45000 points now don't show, went from "sword" to baby upon reinstall, Scoreboard still won't load, can see friends still. Very buggy it seems. If it isn't fixed soon, next step will be a permanent uninstall.
mtaylor77777

Postby rcaine » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:46 am

I have the same failure of the scoreboard, also since 7/28. I have even done an uninstall and reinstall but no scoreboard.
rcaine

Postby speedlever » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:46 am

IMO, the scoreboard is a nice extra, but is relatively unimportant in the scheme of things. What I care about is a dependable app that lets me easily communicate my route and eta via text message. I use that feature nearly every day.
AT&T GS4
Android 5.0.1
speedlever

Postby CarlStrandberg » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:40 am

I agree the Scoreboard is relatively inconsequential, so can do without it. But my saved locations (or "Favorites" or whatever) are still missing when I go to the Navigation tool. I can manually enter a previously saved location name, and its address/location will pin to the map app and navigate there, but I now have to do that each time because my Favorite Locations list, or whatever it's called, is gone. I haven't tried any other non-real-time Waze functions, so don't know what else may be effected by this bug.
CarlStrandberg

Postby Mortimer41 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Several new issues since the update to 3.8.1.0, on a DROID MINI with Android 4.4.4:
  • As others have mentioned, the scoreboard is completely not working.
  • I also get the same error message if I try to view a message in my Waze inbox.
  • By far the most significant issue is that the traffic layer frequently (as in, about 80% of the time) doesn't show up on the map. Typically, I can see the traffic layer when I first start up the app, but all of the traffic disappears after a minute or two of driving. I can still see traffic reports, but not the actual traffic layer. If I make a traffic report, the traffic layer will suddenly appear again (not just on my current segment, but on all roads in view on the map), but traffic again disappears after another minute or two of driving.
In case it's useful, I live in northern Virginia, USA.
Mortimer41

Postby java612 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 pm

I am also experiencing the same "Oops! Something went wrong..." error when trying to view the scoreboard. I also get the same error if I try to open a message from the inbox, but the inbox itself does load.
Just for fun I tried clearing cache and data, uninstalling, and reinstalling but this did not solve the problem.
Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4, Waze 3.8.1.0
java612

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App