These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mjdoom
PesachZ wrote:
mjdoom wrote:I am not sure if this is specific to this version but sketch asked me to post here from WME. The current voice behavior as it relates to roundabouts caused me to take a wrong direction on a recent drive (that was thankfully easily corrected). I have attached an image of the relevant section of the drive to this post.

I was travelling southbound on Rockwood Rd. heading toward North St. southbound. Our hypothesis is that the first roundabout was handled "silently" by the client since I was going straight through to the opposite side and so the direction I heard was to take the "3rd exit from the roundabout". Unfortunately this caused me to take the 3rd exit from the first roundabout on to Main St. which caused a bit of a diversion off of the numbered highway I was travelling on.

I am not sure what the answer is here since using directionals strictly on roundabouts may be confusing with "right/left" but maybe if there is a way to make it still give a direction on "straight" roundabouts so I still would have gotten "take the 2nd exit at the round about, then, take the 3rd exit at the roundabout" I would have continued travelling on the intended path.
Just as you entered the first roundabout, you should have heard just the two words "continue straight".

Because this is consisted continuing along the same road, Waze ignores it in the next instruction scheme. So you'll hear the instruction for the turn following the straight roundabout from after the last turn before the roundabouts. (I hope that wasn't too confusing). Then as you ensure the straight roundabout you should hear one announcement to continue straight if you have TTS on.

I too find this confusing and complained about it a while back. I think the roundabout command on the tts/routing server need to be altered to give full instructions for every roundabout. However that could become annoying for those driving in areas where every intersection is a calming circle set up as a roundabout in Waze.
Yeah, I am not sure what the "best" solution is here. I personally would err on the side of too many messages (although even I get annoyed by lots of quick turns or exit "turns" piling up in the TTS) than too few if it will cause navigation errors but I could see it going either way. Unless there is some way to add a new road type for roundabouts (that would not be used in places like calming circles that would still act as they are now as "roads") but that might be more work than it is worth especially with the need for so many updates then to implement it or if there is some other novel solution that I haven't thought of yet.
mjdoom
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
Updates perfectly for me.
claudiobp wrote:In update requests conversations, the editor level still shows substracted by one.
I also experienced this.
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png

Post by MoodZy
DavidPattersonCool wrote:
fieldenm wrote:
CanalReeds wrote:Seems like they added a dialog on updating gas prices to prevent typing while driving. Problem is I can't get voice recognition to allow me to report gas prices.
Typing while driving could lead to a crash - so perhaps it is best that you don't :ugeek:
And if you're a passenger?
Use your hands?
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

Post by MoodZy
rghvdberg wrote:Samsung Galaxy Pocket.
Waze is crashing everytime when trying to navigate. It's so bad that I can't use it anymore. Sometimes I get the report dialog but most of the times it crashes to the homescreen. I just keep it on my phone waiting for an update that will fix this.
I suggest you to delete the app, and reinstall it. If the problem subsists, delete the app, delete all Waze folders, restart your phone and reinstall it.
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
paulkok_my wrote:
aequitasXI wrote:The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among all Android models.. Please fix! It says:

Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again later.

The same happens on iOS. Is this a server issue or app issue? Please fix!
I don't face this problem in Malaysia on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running on OS version 4.1.2.

It would be great if you could tell the brand & model of the mobile, OS version and even location you are facing this problem so that the problem can be narrowed down.
It works for me too (Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.4 - Waze 3.8.1)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
HotInEER wrote:I'm having issues with network connection also. However, my biggest gripe is all of the roads have disappeared on my map. It just shows my arrow going up a blank screen. I uninstalled and it worked for a day or 2 and now it's back to the same thing.
If you have a problem with the maps, try "refreshing" the tiles (see options in the Waze App). Maybe this can help ;)
Taco909 wrote:I'm getting it from time to time.
Not a completely blank map, just missing tiles here and there.
They are normally there by the time I get to the edge of the tile.

This was taken July 30, so it is not anything new.
2014_07_30_18.36.23-2.jpg
I've got that too, but the problem is smaller (less tiles are missing/appearing later). It's not a super important problem, but it's just annoying. (btw, this problem does not appear in 2D)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
JasonQR wrote:Unable to report road closure when not in navigation mode.
That is completely normal, imagine how much people would abuse it if it was possible. ;) A small group of people could make the map completely undrivable.
JasonQR wrote:Unable to report road closure for road segment that you're on or that is part of your driving history.
I suppose the idea is that, if you drove it, it's not closed (which seems pretty logical and usefull in most cases). But in some specific situations it could create problems.
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
manoeuvre wrote:My cellphone friends who don't have facebook profiles, their names are not appearing on my scoreboard.
Same here ! (Note : they are appearing, but the names are blank/empty)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
fyra5 wrote:Waze is every now and then switching on voice guidance.

I don't like voice guidance; I usually find it more distracting than helpful. Due to this, I switch it off...only to find (once a week or so) that it is suddenly switched on again. Why?

(HTC One M8 och Android 4.4.3)
Same on Nexus 5 - 4.4.4 (Waze Version 3.8.1)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Mortimer41
Several new issues since the update to 3.8.1.0, on a DROID MINI with Android 4.4.4:
  • As others have mentioned, the scoreboard is completely not working.
  • I also get the same error message if I try to view a message in my Waze inbox.
  • By far the most significant issue is that the traffic layer frequently (as in, about 80% of the time) doesn't show up on the map. Typically, I can see the traffic layer when I first start up the app, but all of the traffic disappears after a minute or two of driving. I can still see traffic reports, but not the actual traffic layer. If I make a traffic report, the traffic layer will suddenly appear again (not just on my current segment, but on all roads in view on the map), but traffic again disappears after another minute or two of driving.
In case it's useful, I live in northern Virginia, USA.
Mortimer41
Send a message