Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby yuppster » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Same issue here. I have been receiving "Oops! Something went wrong..." whenever I check my messages or try to view the scoreboard. Any ideas?
yuppster

Postby V8Growl » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Same issue...is there an update coming to UNBREAK this feature that worked BEFORE the "upgrade"?
V8Growl

Postby PesachZ » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:27 am

CarlStrandberg wrote:I agree the Scoreboard is relatively inconsequential, so can do without it. But my saved locations (or "Favorites" or whatever) are still missing when I go to the Navigation tool. I can manually enter a previously saved location name, and its address/location will pin to the map app and navigate there, but I now have to do that each time because my Favorite Locations list, or whatever it's called, is gone. I haven't tried any other non-real-time Waze functions, so don't know what else may be effected by this bug.

To restore your favorites list you might want to try this code [##@restorefav].

Go to navigate and tap on the field where you would normally enter a destination address, or favorite name, and type in this code without the brackets [##@restorefav] then press enter/search (or whatever you press to search for an address after typing it in).

This should download your favorites from the server.

You can also try to uninstall, (on android use a file manager app to erase all the contents of the waze folder,) and reinstall, then log back in with your same username and password.
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby siriusb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,
I have a phone with a screen resolution of 854x480 pixels. In landscape mode the info bar (black bar with the street name and next turn) fills lots of space at the top of the screen, but the actual info uses very little of it. It would be nice to have it's size to be flexible, stretching only when needed. 20% of the screen wasted this way, can't see the route ahead of me because it blocks that part of the map.
I found complaints from a year ago on this issue. Really can't it be resolved?
siriusb

Postby joncwatts » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi

I am no longer able to Shut Down the app from the Notifications area on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Can you reinstate this functionality as it is really useful.

Thanks
Jon
joncwatts

Postby a4bolek » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:19 pm

joncwatts wrote:Hi

I am no longer able to Shut Down the app from the Notifications area on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Can you reinstate this functionality as it is really useful.

Thanks
Jon

Functionality is there on all my devices. Just checked.

Screenshot_2014-08-03-11-08-01.jpg
Screenshot_2014-08-03-11-08-01.jpg (121.47 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1
a4bolek

Postby x__0 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Yuppster wrote:Same issue here. I have been receiving "Oops! Something went wrong..." whenever I check my messages or try to view the scoreboard. Any ideas?

Same problem when I'm trying to send a report:
x__0
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby KB_Steveo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:31 am

joncwatts wrote:Hi

Thanks
Jon

Works fine on my GS4 (Sprint - CDMA). Maybe try an uninstall/reinstall?
ImageImageImage
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator
KB_Steveo
State Manager
State Manager

Postby KB_Steveo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 am

I have a new, troubling issue: TTS will tell me to turn right when I need to turn left. The on screen arrow is correct, but verbal direction is wrong.
I noticed this at the 800m instruction, looked at my phone, thought I was crazy because, when I picked up my phone and paid special attention, the 200m verbal instruction was correct. This happened at a roundabout (Sprint - Galaxy S4)
My wife also complained about this on her phone (Sprint - LG Optimus G). She had it tell her right at both 200 and 800m instructions when the screen had a left arrow. This happened at a 'T' intersection.
ImageImageImage
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator
KB_Steveo
State Manager
State Manager

Postby wolfsbane2k » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:37 am

KB_Steveo wrote:I have a new, troubling issue: TTS will tell me to turn right when I need to turn left. The on screen arrow is correct, but verbal direction is wrong.
I noticed this at the 800m instruction, looked at my phone, thought I was crazy because, when I picked up my phone and paid special attention, the 200m verbal instruction was correct. This happened at a roundabout (Sprint - Galaxy S4)
My wife also complained about this on her phone (Sprint - LG Optimus G). She had it tell her right at both 200 and 800m instructions when the screen had a left arrow. This happened at a 'T' intersection.

I'm pretty sure i've had this as well, but thought it was my hearing/brain going wrong, rather than anything else. Turns out it might not be....
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.
wolfsbane2k

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App