Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Turns on red

Post by HiroHamadaE85
I'm not sure what everyone else would think of this idea, but one thing that I had been thinking about was adding turning on red restrictions. Obviously, we can't prevent a Wazer from turning on red if they're not legally allowed to, but it might help with Wazers who aren't sure if this is allowed at an intersection. In Michigan, left turns on red are allowed regardless of whether the origin street is a two way or a one-way, so long as the destination street (the one being turned onto) is a one-way going to the left. I feel as though many folks don't know this is legal when it is. Frustrating to sit behind someone when there is no traffic coming from the right, and I can legally turn on red.
HiroHamadaE85

POSTER_ID:16958679

Send a message

Post by bwawsc
KuniaKid wrote: I don't see why speed limits should be added. I know it's been discussed a lot, but it really doesn't have any bearing on navigation. Other than navigational server selecting fastest route.
There are multiple reasons I can think of. One is to let you know if you spaced out and missed the speed limit sign and are speeding inadvertently, or driving below the limit inadvertently (a glance at the display can let you know the current speed limit). Another is to allow Waze to compute travel time based on speed limits on the route, for users who are known to obey them. Related: allow Waze to collect user profile data to use in computing projected travel time, such as (e.g.) does the user typically ignore or obey posted speed limits. Another would be to allow Waze to more accurately determine if there is traffic congestion present, based on drivers consistently driving below the posted speed limit.

I like this feature in my in-car navigation system (to let me know when the speed limit changes), but I prefer Waze for real-time warnings and dynamic route adjustments.
bwawsc
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by dalewjj
There are lots of places in the Northeast US where you have no idea what the speed limit is. Signage can be random or appear just before you pulled on the road. The State of MA has some random method of determining every single road in the state and what it's speed limit should be (Plus they made this decision 40 years ago). So I can be driving down a large minor highway with a speed limit of 30mph and it will change to 40mph without a sign and no change in the type of area it is in. I know its 40 cause going the other way there are signs for the different speeds. In this direction there is 1 sign for 3 speed changes. So people are going 30 down a road that should be labeled as 40 and 35 later at points. And well causes all kinds of Mass driving antics.

And as for navigation, yes it matters if my minor highway is 30, but a side road next to it is 35 (and yes this happens all the time in my area) I would like to be sent to the 35 mph road. And don't even get me started that my 30mph minor highway is listed as a major highway on waze.... that's another argument.

IMHO
dalewjj
Send a message

Post by dalewjj
Oh and to go back on subject. Turns on red. Up here in MA we have left turns on red too.
dalewjj
Send a message

Post by dalewjj
speeds limits are talked about here...

viewtopic.php?f=657&t=69485&p=1001036&h ... s#p1001036
dalewjj
Send a message

Post by Glassssssss
Hi, there is something new to display speed limits. Other navigation have speed limits in the basic equipment.
Glassssssss
Send a message

Post by HiroHamadaE85
Yeah, I know it isn't completely relevant to navigation, but it would be a nice feature to have.

I do have to hand you credit for the speed limit idea. That would be AWESOME! Much easier to know what the speed limit is if I miss the sign or there was no sign to pass.
HiroHamadaE85
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
sketch wrote:Waze does not currently have any feature to remind users of traffic laws in any particular jurisdiction, though it's an interesting idea. But I imagine, if anything, it'd be speed limits we see in the app first.
I don't see why speed limits should be added. I know it's been discussed a lot, but it really doesn't have any bearing on navigation. Other than navigational server selecting fastest route.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
KuniaKid wrote:
sketch wrote:Waze does not currently have any feature to remind users of traffic laws in any particular jurisdiction, though it's an interesting idea. But I imagine, if anything, it'd be speed limits we see in the app first.
I don't see why speed limits should be added. I know it's been discussed a lot, but it really doesn't have any bearing on navigation. Other than navigational server selecting fastest route.
Apparently people want to KNOW when they are speeding so they can slow down? I guess looking down at a speedometer and speed limit signs is too hard to do nowadays.. :roll: :mrgreen:
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by pjlasl
Since Google and Waze share data you would think they could pull the speed limit data Google has on the segments its mapped out.
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img] [img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///pIzEJ8[/img]
AM: Texas
CM: USA
Champ: USA
Mentor: USA

Best Practices for Map Editing | Texas Wiki| Unlock Request for US | Mentoring