Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by grsmhiker
dbcm wrote:In the case you are using WME Validator through Tampermonkey, here is a fix.

https://github.com/dbcm/waze#valfix-tm-plugin
Thank you for that fix! It seems to be working with localizations too.
grsmhiker
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by guitouktm
Hello everyone,
Sorry for my english which is translated by google.

To have vidator that works under chrome, install: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/24855-wme-fix-scripts
And put it in position 1, past wme in anglish, validator is ok
:D ;)
guitouktm
Send a message

Post by guitouktm
domoun wrote:Since a few days already. Toolbox was broken also but now it's fix ;)
Since Tuesday afternoon, vlidator no longer works with me, neither with uro + nor with wme Fix script.
And toolbox displays a JNF error.
guitouktm
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
sketch wrote:Oh, that reminds me... I'm not sure how well-settled this is, and I would wait for other US champs to chime in before implementing this, but I believe we're trying to remove any instance of "Greater * Area" from the map.
I know some of us have been fighting this for a long time. So that maybe a good tool in the box to have. I for one would like to be able to select a city (CDP) and be able to narrow these down as well but the "Greater" is probably more practical for right now.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
Sketch no. It has to be Ext in my experience. Exd is pronounced as "E X D".
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
EDITED: I think I have narrowed it down to Highliter script. Unless it just magically starting working again.

OP:
I have run into an issue that I am not entirely sure is a Validator issue or not so I will explain.

My two setups:
1) Mac OS 10.6.8/Chrome
2) Samsung Laptop/Windows 8/Chrome

With #2 I do not have any issues with Validator at all so here are my issues with #1:

This occurs in either the production editor or beta editor.

When running a Validator Report it seems to hang out the very end. I have let it run for a few minutes longer thinking it may be processing something. If I hit pause the Report comes up. Show report and start checking things.

Everything appears to be working except for two things.
1a) If I delete a segment it does not show up as an edit by the save icon. Now if the next thing I do is change a geometry point or do a q/w then that edit will show. It will save just fine (no errors thrown)
1b) If I try to delete an extra node (not geometry point) it will not show up as an edit and validator then throws up the segment has no connectivity and that it is an overlapping segment. If I try to change a geometry point or a q/w like above it will still throw a save error.

This does not occur if just running validator while panning around and editing with it. Everything appears to be working as expected. Also regarding 1B if I log out and log back in I can edit normally and Validator throws the appropriate errors and corrections as warranted.

I cannot tell you in which version this first started occuring because I haven't run a report from this particular setup in probably about a month. This occurs with Toolbox running or not.

Any ideas if it is my setup would be greatly appreciated.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
I have issue with validator in regards to the latest beta editor (1.6-395).

If validator is "on" you can not cut a segment the old school way (Junction a new road to an existing segment). The edit count does not increment nor can it be saved. Other segments around it can not be selected after this as well.

With validator turned "off" it will work as expected. Also, you cannot select other segments once this cut non-cut is executed.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
If those are the names of the roads, then those are the names :) You wouldn't want to alter them to something else that isn't going to be matched by people searching for those roads.

I will caution that I know Waze TTS sometimes doesn't handle those perfectly or even guaranteed to be consistent (The "let's take blah blah" initial announcements vs. "turn right on blah blah" for example; sometimes those pronunciations can differ. I have an "A St" which is pronounced as both a long "A" sound and as "uh" depending on where Waze is using it).

"Fire route one ninety nine point one" and "Fire route one ninety nine one see" (no "point") are what I get on a quick test. I'd call that good enough for a Wazer to understand though.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by houstonmg
if I turn off the script. does not need to be on every time I press a new permalink.
MG
houstonmg
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Mauricio Gálvez S.
Country Manager, Global Champ
Para iniciar tus ediciones lee este topic.

houstonmg
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Mauricio Gálvez S.
Country Manager, Global Champ
Para iniciar tus ediciones lee este topic.