Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Totally clear map cache?

Post by brummygit
I'm an area manager and so I often want to work on the latest available mapping rather than wait for my Waze client to decay the cache after a week. My client is the iPhone version.

I can obviously use the "Refresh map of my area" menu option, but my perception / understanding is that this only clears the area around me and not the whole map cache.

Can anyone confirm if my understanding is correct, and if so, how I can clear the entire map cache?

Thanks
brummygit

POSTER_ID:518870

Send a message
Previous Waze username hodgetts

UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Keep in mind that refreshing the client in this way only reloads the map changes which have been processed, which is usually 5-7 days (sometimes 3) after you perform the edits.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by brummygit
Thanks to dmcconachie for the clarification. The wording on the client is open to misinterpretation.

Hi AlanOfTheBerg - thanks, I'm very aware of the processing times (especially at the moment where we've had delays on the world servers) but the client cache can add an additional week so I like to clear the cache to be sure I'm working with the latest available, and also to validate my changes once I see they've been processed (by watching a secret road ;) close to home that tracks the updates progress every time I edit).
brummygit
Send a message
Previous Waze username hodgetts

UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by dmcconachie
No, that will empty your entire map cache!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Remember the other method which will only update selected tiles is to plan a route. Any (and only) tiles that the route traverses will be updated!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status