Post by herrchin
Especially since the existing content says the closure is lifted temporarily with traffic (and without the ignore traffic box in the newer case) , but it's easy to misinterpret as permanently lifted (and not-infrequently is). Any clarification would help.

I'd be happy to propose text -- and I suppose imagery, but I'm not a graphics guy -- for the 2 segment closure piece, as soon as it's confirmed whether the 2x 1-ways or the 1x 2-way closure is preferred.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
Hi PesachZ! The instructions for blocking two-way crossing segments still need an update per this: viewtopic.php?f=276&t=101622&start=130#p1434272
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
I just ran across an example that is another edge case for consideration. On this north-south closure, the northbound traffic was opened back up before the southbound traffic. By lifting the northbound closure, I properly allow westbound traffic to approach and turn north. However, northbound traffic cannot route east, even though it now physically can. So in the case of a one-way closure on the "main" closed road, a two-way closure on the "closed side" of the main road is preferred.

Bad:

Good:
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I did not see the "other road closure form" discussion. Can someone post the link in this thread to eliminate everyone wasting time searching for what we don't know about? ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Seems reasonable. I presume this dumps into the table that only the champs can view and then copy to the Waze table?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote: I would also change the text of the disconnect bullet (to be placed as number 5) as follows:
old text wrote: Disconnect road segments - In general it is not recommended to disconnect road segments unless roads are permanently being disconnected. However, this method has been used for longer term construction projects while waiting for the scheduled restrictions feature.
To this
suggested new text wrote: {{S|Disconnect road segments}} - It is no longer recommended to disconnect road segments, unless the roads are permanently being deconstructed or closed. However, this method has been used in the past for longer term construction projects while waiting for the scheduled restrictions feature.
I recommend a slight adjustment on this suggestion since there is still a use for this situation.
suggested new text alteration wrote: Disconnect road segments - Road segments should only be physically disconnected if the road is no longer intended to connect or is being permanently removed. In the past, this method was used for longer term construction projects, but now the Road Closure form should be used.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
PesachZ wrote:I suppose I made the strikethrough (and S) templates for nothing, maybe you'll find a use for them elsewhere.
No template is wasted. :lol:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Non sequitur:

sketch has thanked the devil. ;)
sketch_thanks_devil.png
(14.7 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Just kidding buddy! :D
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kodi75
The link to Waze Supported Traffic Events Site appears to be broken here
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by MojaveCactusMonkey
In working with Real Time Closures wiki I noticed there is no reference I found to https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Connected_Citizens_Program. Am I wrong? This should be mentioned as there are plenty of editors with connections to local authorities that might help expand this program.

If it's not there, should we refer to this program in the closure wiki as a way to make our lives easier by geting better communication with the community and the authorities that actually implement these physical closures?
MojaveCactusMonkey
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signatures/cones-5-small.png
MENTOR / COUNTRY MANAGER - USA

Adding PLACES?
NV Forum. NV Wiki
RI Forum. RI Wiki
CT Forum. CT Wiki