iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

Postby kjstech » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Mayhew3 wrote:
nothlit wrote:For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).

Same thing for me. I use it most of the time with no sounds, and every couple weeks or so, my theory is every time the app has an update applied, it will revert back to Sounds On. This is really frustrating, because I don't know it's happened until I'm driving, and turning it off means 4 clicks including 2 on TINY buttons while I'm on the road. If there was a voice command for turning sounds off it wouldn't be so bad, but it really should keep my setting until I change it.

I have this same issue, IOS 7.1.1.

Also sometimes (but not always) the whole screen will go dim and I have to touch the screen to make it come back to full brightness. Then in a few minutes it goes dim again. It's almost like going to sleep but it doesn't actually turn off the screen. Anyway there is another thread about that.

Those are really the two most annoying bugs in this app.
PA, USA - iPhone 6 plus - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer - Rank 2,214 and counting.
kjstech

Postby Kevin_Fry » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:37 pm

vsnlweb wrote:Quick Question... When is Waze gonna be optimized for the iPhone 6 Plus...

I would like to know this too. :geek:
Kevin_Fry

Postby jwerner0804 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:23 pm

[quote="aequitasXI"]The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among iOS devices.. Please fix! It says:

Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again.

Yeah I've had the same issue for a week now. What is being done to fix this issue?
jwerner0804

Postby Johnlsds » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:06 pm

This is regarding the repeated changes to the "share my drive" feature, which has gotten worse with recent updates. It used to be that you could share your drive via text message, iMessage, or email. This would direct the recipient to a website that showed where the driver was on a map. Now, that option has been replaced with a contact list showing only phone number contacts. I can't find any option for sharing my drive with someone who has it on a non-cellular device. This is of particular annoyance to me because I used to always share my drive home with my wife who has an old school flip phone (no Waze on that thing), but could monitor me on our iPad or her iPod, both of which have Waze installed.

Can you please restore this feature in the next revision? Or show me how this can be done in the current revision? Thank you!
Johnlsds

Postby JohnDoe75 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
redvers76 wrote:Any chance public holidays can be treated as virtual Sundays in future so that routing doesn't go screwy?

Holiday-optimized (different) routing is in planning.

:shock: what ? Really, Waze does not use live-info but learned habits ?
I should plan a trip friday evening instead of thursday because Waze knows - thinks people leave work earlier and not because the roads are actually cleared earlier ...

In Europe we have small region - town specific days off, what a mess and a huge job to upload that.

When i launch a trip, I wish Waze would give me the best way (fastest and shortest) at that time with no detour and not a learned trip because it does not know yet that yesterday a 2x2 lines road has been completly reopened after one of the line has been closed (heavy traffic) for 3 month.
LC CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Singapore
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby JohnDoe75 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:22 pm

But Waze does not use live info to route you ? :oops:
LC CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Singapore
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby JohnDoe75 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 pm

What about 2 clicks ?
Menu then
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (77 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
LC CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Singapore
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby JohnDoe75 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Why don't you use this one if you can't wait to see your points
www.waze.com/dashboard
LC CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Singapore
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby JohnDoe75 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:14 pm

John_Cochran wrote:

I was talking to bz2012 & davebrz & Jezbod about the screen going black

For the scoreboard no need to turn the phone off since it's a server problem, it may come back tomorrow or as soon as they find a fix
LC CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Singapore
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby JohnDoe75 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Scoreboard not showing is not an app issue but a backend one which means there is a problem with the server and not with any app update.
LC CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Singapore
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App