Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jondrush
It is absolutely related to stop point. I've tested it on stations that didn't update when I was in the station. I got on WME and move the stop point and was instantly able to update the prices.

I'm not so sure that the in-out loop on single road stations does anything, and I'm reluctant to make it a recommendation because it brings downsides. The PLR through corner and two-side stations pays dividends because it becomes and alternate route through the corner and between roads as people enter and leave different exits.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
3 Majors is the same as two. Average the location of the stop point over the pumps.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Looks perfect to me.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
tonestertm wrote:
jondrush wrote:It is absolutely related to stop point. I've tested it on stations that didn't update when I was in the station. I got on WME and move the stop point and was instantly able to update the prices.
In that case, I'd humbly submit that it has more to do with touching the stop point than its location. I have, since long before Places, and ever since, regularly gotten Price Update-ability from over a tenth of a mile away at several locations I occasionally update prices on. Couldn't say for sure whether this was before touching the stop point or not, but a move of about 20-30 feet couldn't possibly change the usable range over that distance. I'll have to see if there are any around I can test on.
Waze staff have confirmed that it is stop-point location that permits price updates.

I agree on the tenth mile, but some stations are so big and the intersection is so far away that you are pushing the limit when you are at the pump. The moves are also about properly directing people when one-way or large roadways are involved.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
The entire parking lot should be included, BTW.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Yes, because people park after getting gas, while they get their coffee and muffins, and leave waze running. In a nutshell, all entrances, pumps, parking lots and buildings should be covered in the area. Some judgement is needed when there are multiple businesses in the lot, but the convenience store is part of the gas station.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Agreed the station number has no benefit to the driver so it would serve no purpose, but to waste time trying to confirm for editors.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
FYI, I updated the template on the page to a construction box and linked to this thread.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Tx, when this page goes live, I assume you would change your TX state page to have users map the PLot road inside the station to get these benefits of mapping it?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Kobes1878
Hi Jon -

Great page and thank you for doing this.

Just a few thoughts:
-In the same vein as sketch's point, IMHO I believe it is important to add a parallel PLR to a station with a single entry and exit point off of the same street - especially if that street is a MH, as in this example BP station . Gas stations areas are supposed to suppress automated ME's but adding the PLR is an extra security blanket to maintain the historical average speed data for the main road.
- Noting the importance of the curb/fence guideline is necessary for the "too small polygon" as you stated. I believe it should also be stressed for the opposite scenario of a "too large polygon". Meaning, The AREA should not touch/overlap any (WME drawn) roads, as this will likely negate the collecting of necessary data as well.

I cannot access the conversation you linked to above, so if these points were already discussed please disregard them.

Just to clarify one thing however, does the target actually cue where the price can be updated from? Are you able to elaborate on this if possible? I was always under the assumption that it was a specific radius for the area place/polygon. Is this something that is subject to change to just drivers in the station or passing by?
Using my example station above, presently the BP will show up when I select Update Prices and I am able to update it, on any of these roads.
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///P87dIo[/img][img]https:///nVuW1N[/img]
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA