Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby Xuefer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:05 am

PesachZ wrote:To clear out the old language translations for TTS you shouldn't need to delete the entire folder. Open Waze and navigate to [cc@tts], type it in as if its an address you want to navigate to, without the square brackets. This should erase all previously downloaded language strings.

I see no "cc@tts" folder inside Waze folder but there is lang.eng lang.chinese lang.chinese_tts files and tts folder
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:13 am

cc@tts isn't a folder, it's what you type into the Waze app as a destination.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby PesachZ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 am

Xuefer wrote:
PesachZ wrote:To clear out the old language translations for TTS you shouldn't need to delete the entire folder. Open Waze and navigate to [cc@tts], type it in as if its an address you want to navigate to, without the square brackets. This should erase all previously downloaded language strings.

I see no "cc@tts" folder inside Waze folder but there is lang.eng lang.chinese lang.chinese_tts files and tts folder

Press navigate in the app and then type in the code as if it were an address and press search
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby taco909 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 am

Mentioned in another thread, but drive sharing is now a complete pain.
I don't do Facebook.
I can't figure out how to manually add friends on Waze... somehow my wife stumbled across friending me through locating my icon on the map, but the lookup feature does nothing.

But when I want to share a drive, I can either select "More" or tap her icon.
If I tap her icon, she gets the link in Waze, but at that point, I lose the "More" options once the drive is being shared.
I used to send her the Waze share as well as a text message. If I'd like to share the drive with multiple people who are not friends on Waze, I'm hosed... it's impossible.

Verizon GS4.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:52 am

And Bluetooth is seriously messed up.
I have the app configured to use the phone's speaker.
Works great.

When I get a phone call, the radio automatically kicks over to Bluetooth for the call.
Invariably, EVERY time I take a call, Waze decides that it is time to announce 5 stalled vehicles on the shoulder, 4 police traps, and my next series of turns.
This comes over the BT, which interrupts the call.

When I tell Waze I want it to use the phone's speaker, that means that I do not want it using BT at any time... not ONLY when the radio is not in BT Audio mode.
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby IM-goRt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 am

Taco909 wrote:And Bluetooth is seriously messed up.
I have the app configured to use the phone's speaker.
Works great.

When I get a phone call, the radio automatically kicks over to Bluetooth for the call.
Invariably, EVERY time I take a call, Waze decides that it is time to announce 5 stalled vehicles on the shoulder, 4 police traps, and my next series of turns.
This comes over the BT, which interrupts the call.

When I tell Waze I want it to use the phone's speaker, that means that I do not want it using BT at any time... not ONLY when the radio is not in BT Audio mode.

Yes Bluetooth implementation is totally screwed and the devs blame your car even though all other apps function correctly.

Also tts should use the native android implementation and drop its own creation!
IM-goRt

Postby JossTerrellu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:10 pm

I keep receiving force closes, I open the app - FCs, I re-open it and search - FC, I open it again, start navigation - FC, open again, start driving - FC.
Almost every time I do something it FCs again.

I'm also receiving these little squares and numbers - seen in the screenshot. They move around like street names do, but they are errors - not sure what's going on.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Android 4.4.4
CyanogenMod 11
Oppo N1
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-08-10-00-03-26.png
Screenshot_2014-08-10-00-03-26.png (200.46 KiB) Viewed 743 times
JossTerrellu
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Postby andrewsliu » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 am

Bug:

While driving, I use the voice search to find a location to navigate to. The problem is that after my destination is recognized and put in the search box, I can't get it to search without having to click on "Passenger" then finding the "Enter" to get the search to execute, which defeats the purpose of forcing the Driver not to use the keyboard while driving.

Possible Fixes;
1. Have a bug search button next to the microphone icon.
2. Have the search go automatically after the text is recognized.
andrewsliu

Postby ForesterKE » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi,

so I found some issues with the Waze app network reconnect. In case I lost network signal, high mountains, ..., I found that even if I reach the area which is covered with the mobile data and all other applications works, only Waze didn't reconnect. I have to close the application and open it again and then everything is OK.

Maybe a feature request related to the previous issue, would it be possible that Waze will take into account also roads when I have a planned route and which I has apparently passed even if I lost network connection signal? It is really hard to imagine that I will disappear and one point and appear at another point few kilometers later on my planned route. Also it would be nice if sending of information like traffic jams, radars, danger, accidents, ... will be queued and sent as soon as network connection will be restored.

Thanks.
ForesterKE

Postby taco909 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:25 pm

I have encountered the reconnection issue as well... to the point that it was not even loading map tiles (on my morning commute).
-- Rich
ImageImageImage
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App