Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:Does not appear to be installing when I tried to add it. Will try to troubleshoot details later and report back.
And just when I hit send it completed. :lol:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Might have been from the editor update on Sunday? I think I saw a similar message this morning, but I thought it was the one we get periodically that does not seem to affect anything.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Now I am getting some strange error from this script. Whenever I start editing a Waze Wiki page this extension throws an error similar (if not identical) to the above errors.

I went to tell the script to ignore pages with

Code: Select all

wiki.waze.com/wiki/
like I used to do in FF with Greasemonkey and as a Chrome extension (I only recently switched) I cannot figure if I even have that option.

What am I missing?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
:oops: I didn't realize that:

a. You can load JNF into Tampermonkey.

and

b. I had JNF loading through an extension AND Tampermonkey.

That discovery seems to have addressed both problems/questions. :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Brian, I just enabled JNF since turning it off for a long time now.

I noticed it is clobbering the Alt-Select option to get a string of segments.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Refresh screen.
2. Select a single segment.
3. Alt-select a few segments away to confirm it works.
4. Select an intersection. (It may need to have limited turns, I'm not sure.)
5. Press Q.
6. Select a single segment.
7. Alt-select a few segments away to see it no longer works.
8. Disable JNF.
9. Refresh screen.
10. Repeat the above steps to see Q no longer disables the feature.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I have only noticed the Toolbox adding the extra node to prevent loops when you select that button to perform that task. I seem to recall the Q function (or maybe I am confusing the W doing that) used to do that under Toolbox, but maybe I was mistaken that JNF was still doing it on its own at that time.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:JNF does this on its own as well.
Hmmm...I'm currently running JNF 0.2.4 and Q/W does not fix loops for me. I'm not sure when it stopped working though. So if no one else has this problem, I'll try to narrow it down.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by khaytsus
vectorspace wrote:
bgodette wrote:
vectorspace wrote:The only determent I have found is that one could go wild just squashing red arrows, or perhaps forget and use it in the wrong place, and many times around divided roads, highway ramps, and the like, those red arrows are really necessary to impose valid turn restrictions.
Well since it doesn't change existing turn restrictions, I don't see how that's a problem.
You're absolutely right, I misspoke. This is not something to do with the node fixer script. I was thinking of the broader issue of someone pressing "qw" all over the place... a general issue for the full editor comment I was trying to express. I could see how an uninformed editor could wipe out valid turn restrictions without knowing it.
I was confused too when I first started using this script, I was using "qw" and fixing TR's as needed. However, I've found that if you click Q too quick you can sometimes "miss" the JNF script and wind up restricting all turns. So keep the Turn Restriction "layer" turned on!
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif