hud mode... Heads up display

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: hud mode... Heads up display

Postby bloodklot » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:41 pm

There IS actually another competitor GPS app that has HUD mode but I wasn't able to try it out because its a micro transaction. I didn't see it worth it since I didn't like their GPS anyway. I think Waze could do this way better. But it was nice to see that it CAN be done.

They also had another feature that you had to pay extra for that was a dashcam and recorded the road while your GPS was on so that you could document any accidents, etc. If they could do it, Waze could do it.
bloodklot

Postby bpchak » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:33 pm

I signed up for this forum, just to +1 on the hud/reverse.
bpchak

Postby bprather2017 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 pm

This feature, as an option, would certainly be appreciated by many. Please consider providing a mirror option to Waze as it will make it one of the first major use apps that would provide its users the ability to eliminate another distracted driving issue.
bprather2017

Postby braedel » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28 am

HUD mode would be awesome...
braedel

Postby bthis » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Please, please, please implement a Heads Up Display HUD mode!
bthis

Suggested feature

Postby burkej4 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:48 pm

One thing that I think would be a significant feature improvement is a HUD style display for WAZE with an included hands free voice control. Instead of looking down at your phone mount you could then keep your eyes on the road looking through the GPS navigation screen. Instead of fumbling around with buttons while you are driving you could simply say WAZE, wait for the prompt and then speak your request such as Directions to the nearest gas station.

There are GPS HUD apps now which do not require any additional hardware because they go to a high contrast display and brighter so it reflects off of the windshield however none of those have WAZE's awesome GPS app.
burkej4

Postby CableGuyNY » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:31 pm

I am by no means a :ugeek: programmer - but asking for HUD Mode has got to be about as difficult a solution as asking for a new "custom" Display Setting. All you need to do is invert/reverse the display so it appears the way it should when it reflects off the glass.
I use mine on the iPhone 5s, and to be honest - when I am driving in the daytime, it's hard to see what the icons are ahead. When I'm on an interstate with lots of Wazers (icons) I find myself taking off my prescription sunglasses - and sticking my face close to the screen so see what certain icons are. Making sure none are LEA.
I've been looking at some of the HUD products out there - but don't want to give up my Waze NAV. And lets be real - I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with built-in NAV on a nice big screen - but I still prefer Waze!
Common guys.... make it happen!
CableGuyNY

Postby carsinoma » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Totally agree HUD mode
carsinoma

Postby CharlesThompsonNinja6 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Come on Waze.. if you are a tech leader lead from the front adapt to what,s coming before a better app runs you over. typical leading companies complacence.
CharlesThompsonNinja6

Postby cheyoru » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:40 am

I use Waze everyday and it's time an HUD mode becomes available. Heads up displays are becoming more and more important and the devices out there will be taking users away from the waze app and into their own proprietary ones. I wouldn't think there would be legal issues as others have already started this trend and it has not hindered safety but rather improved it! Waze, just do the right and smart thing. I'd hate to see an excellent product not keep up with technological advancements. Thank you!
cheyoru

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests