Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Can't login in app (android) - password is ok

Post by rn170
I'm having no end of grief after getting a new phone...

Re-installed waze and restored data (helium). On startup got a message 'waze has stopped'.

Cleared data and cache, then tried to sign in. got:

Login Failed: Wrong login

Reset password (SMS link just redirected to amazon) via email. Changed password. New password signed me on here, but on my phone I just get Login Failed again. I don't want to create another account. What on earth is going on.....
rn170

POSTER_ID:16975257

Send a message
Last edited by rn170 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by a4bolek
rn170 wrote:I'm having no end of grief after getting a new phone...

Re-installed waze and restored data (helium). On startup got a message 'waze has stopped'.

Cleared data and cache, then tried to sign in. got:

Login Failed: Wrong login

Reset password (SMS link just redirected to amazon) via email. Changed password. New password signed me on here, but on my phone I just get Login Failed again. I don't want to create another account. What on earth is going on.....
What you mean by restored data?

To perform clean installation go to Apps->Waze, Clear cache, clear data, force stop, uninstall. Using file manager delete Waze folder, reboot device and start from Play Store.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I would delete the app and all data completely as @a4bolek suggested. Then install the app from the Play store and do not restore any data. When the app starts up, do not enter a phone number, but use the "already have a Waze account" (named something else) option and sign in only with username and password.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by joaopalinhas
Hi all,

I'm having this issue with Motorola Moto G 2014 and I can't solve it with tips in previous answers.
Who should I contact to help me?

Thanks in advance,
João Costa
joaopalinhas
Send a message

Post by Mberg75
I was having the can't login problem, but solved it by taking my RAZR M phone off Wifi and using Mobile Data for the login.
Mberg75
Send a message

Post by rn170
If I hit 'next' during startup, correct my phone number, (it picks up the wrong phone number btw), it then says it has found me, but 'despite all our efforts' cannot connect to my account and it's lost in the stratosphere. :-(
rn170
Send a message

Post by rn170
I'm getting further (and not)

I hit skip, then deleted the 'new' account it creates. Then I went back in a and followed the already a wazer links, I can then sign in. I get asked to verify my number and I get an SMS - which I never get asked to input. I then 'next' on my name and nickname (although the text is wrong as it says "Your username will replace your nickname...". I think it should be the other way round)

When I go into my waze, if sees me and my scoreboard. GREAT!!

However.... when I exit and go back in, it ignores everything I've done and gives me a "Meet your wazer" screen. If I say 'already' again, it doesn't accept the pw I got in with last time.

One step forward, one step back...

if I create a new account, it remembers it. If I try and use my old account, it doesn't save the details.
rn170
Send a message

Post by rn170
By restored, I mean I used helium to back up application data from my old phone and restore to the new one.
rn170
Send a message

Post by rn170
Thanks. It's now working.
rn170
Send a message