Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by the1who
I'll quickly put some input on this. He asked me in the editor one night about the Places area for MSP entry point. I think a lot of users are using a third party search engine result still. But that is besides the point. I told him to close the URs in the area that are in relation to the navigation to MSP, older than July. Now, I'll direct him to this forum post. Maybe likethis could have explained in each closure (copy paste) so it wouldn't have seemed like just rogue closings. This all is an ever growing experience as we evolve with the new tools, to which the Wiki is now getting updated to. Sorry for sounding any alarms by having him help with that.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.99

Post by the1who
To which I agree, and I said I'd point him to this. I saw one UR where he made explicit replies. He isn't doing them all empty, but I can see the concern.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader

Post by the1who
Thanks for the input from everyone. We can all work on this. I anticipate we won't ever have an ending discussion about this. Mainly because of the mass of new editors I expect to get from more users using the app. But what is handy is you can reference them to this forum post in our region if needed now as well.

There is only so much we can do through black and white text messages. A way someone might express themselves through a typed message might be misinterpreted. I get that. Hopefully though we can then figure out what was really meant. Initially I thought what Brian was thinking of a new editor going rogue. That starts a whole other topic I could touch upon some other time. But I don't see no foul at the moment except Brian would like a bit more time for URs with comments.

I could agree with that, but on one hand it would have to be based upon the problem as well. If generic and just general map error report with no comment, we inquire, they don't reply... I don't see the need to keep open. If they add something tangible in their report, then I would too like to see if they could reply with 7-14 day window. Maybe another editor, based on what I said above about only so much can be conveyed in typed messages, might be able to understand what they meant and come assist.

Either way right now, glad we laid it out on the table for discussion and thought. Is there anything else we can address?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Android Beta Leader

Post by the1who
I agree iikethis, we need promptness in addressing map issues the best we can. If we have an active area with a core of active users, we don't need to have reports over 60 days open. Sometimes the reports are as simple as their device, no data connection, no GPS, etc. It could also be older versions of Waze where it has been addressed in an update. I simply have had users say they didn't mean to do the report.

Maybe part of closing non response URs, if this isn't included in the template, indicate and let them know they can fix most problems themselves too by going to the editor. This way they know they still have an option to addressing something they might believed needed to remain open but they took too long to reply to. We can try to make the process simpler by sharing our experiences and solutions, but I doubt we'll ever be perfect with the whole process. Strive to do the best the can though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Android Beta Leader