Over 1 billion usernames/passwords hacked

Post by Fredo-p
Russian hackers have hacked over 420,000 websites and stolen over 1 billion username and passwords. It's being recommended that you change your passwords with a new and stronger password. Keep an eye out on your banking statements as well.

One option is to use Lastpass. For Linux users, like myself, you can use KeePass2. I personally use KeePass2 and love it. It integrates well with Chrome and FireFox.

Russian Hackers Amass Over a Billion Internet Passwords
New York Times wrote: A Russian crime ring has amassed the largest known collection of stolen Internet credentials, including 1.2 billion user name and password combinations and more than 500 million email addresses, security researchers say.

The records, discovered by Hold Security, a firm in Milwaukee, include confidential material gathered from 420,000 websites, including household names, and small Internet sites. Hold Security has a history of uncovering significant hacks, including the theft last year of tens of millions of records from Adobe Systems.

Hold Security would not name the victims, citing nondisclosure agreements and a reluctance to name companies whose sites remained vulnerable. At the request of The New York Times, a security expert not affiliated with Hold Security analyzed the database of stolen credentials and confirmed it was authentic. Another computer crime expert who had reviewed the data, but was not allowed to discuss it publicly, said some big companies were aware that their records were among the stolen information.
Fredo-p

POSTER_ID:16781248

Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by rickh7
I use Lastpass, and highly recommend it. It is an excellent security solution.
Lastpass
rickh7
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Enjoying my Waze time, looking for additional ways to help.
USA Plains; Nebraska, Missouri; Lincoln
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png