Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by khaytsus
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:Wouldn't it be safer to use another key instead of Q??? :D

Today I accidentally found out I was restricting all turns in a roundabout instead of fixing its nodes. (Running JNF on Tampermonkey on Chrome, LMDE). Now I'm running it natively and doesn't seem to always work (the turns are not denied but the nodes aren't fixed).
Why safer? JNF doesn't make any changes to turn restrictions and only fixes problems.
I have found if you hit q too fast it will restrict all turns. I've found myself doing it several times, now I make sure I wait a second after selecting a node to hit q.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by Kinematic
I saw on the Wiki Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools that this script would or could work with FireFox. I went to install it from Userscrpts. When loading WME I receive this error: WME Junction Node Fixer has failed to load due to API check: WCSAVE.controller" So for those who have gotten this to work on FireFox how have you done it? I've tried on FireFox Nightly with no success, big surprise. Any help or update to the script that would make it compatible with FireFox?
Kinematic
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///Evwimo[/img][img]https:///ESnp3j[/img]
Montana Wiki | MT To Do List

Post by Kinematic
It seems to be steady as of this morning. It automatically is disabled in your Chrome extensions though and needs to be re-enabled. Why the permissions to *docs.google.com / *editor-beta.waze.com /* spreadsheets.google.com / * waze.com

I'm not concerned that it's stealing information, I'm assuming it's gathering segment information?

Thanks for the hard work to get it back up and running.
Kinematic
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///Evwimo[/img][img]https:///ESnp3j[/img]
Montana Wiki | MT To Do List

Post by kodi75
Can someone point me to the page that explains how to use this tool? From what I have read in this forum, it uses some of the existing shortcut keys as detailed in the Map Editing Quick-start Guide. It would be nice if the tool "Makes Dead Ends two-ways" & the "Terminates Dead Ends" on all of the segments in the screen (or selected segments, in conjunction with the WME Add-Ons.

I have it installed in Chrome as an extension, like the Highlights and WME Add-ons 0.41 but don't see any tab for JNF.

Thanks.
bgodette wrote: Checks WME's API to make sure used objects and functions exist and are the correct type. This works as long as function argument order doesn't change. Next step is to regex match on function contents to confirm arg order.[/color]

Saves the state of WME's ShowAllTurns, ShowTurns and Full-screen mode across F5/Permalink.
Forces data model reload after successful save.

This overloads the 'q' (disallowAllTurns) hotkey action to preserve existing turn restrictions.
  • Fixes any self and reverse connectivity issues
  • Fixes closed loop roads
  • Terminates dead-ends
  • Makes dead-ends two-way (only if both ends of the segment are visible)
  • Sets the Type of a roundabouts using lowest of two highest rule and sets country/state if needed
  • For UK sets Type of roundabouts using highest type excluding Freeway rule.
  • Does a traditional 'qw' (clears reverse connectivity, and locks turns)
  • Causes the turn arrows to refresh (the side effect of 's' but without the shifting).
Since you end up with the same turns restricted, that means you need to press 'w' if you really want all turns allowed. This is why it overloads 'q' instead of 'w'. Ultimately this will be a separate hotkey that's editable through WME's '?' interface.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
olestas wrote:Actually most segments "should" have a u-turn... you can do this on most roads and junctions.
And highlights just informs about it... but this script by default removes u-turn.
I tend to disagree. A lot of segments and junctions will be mapped where road marking restrictions forbids legal passing, never mind u turns. You tend to forget that every segment junction does not really terminate where there is an intersection and I would guess many of them are in places where visibly of oncoming traffic is not taken into account.
Just take a connection between 2 adjacent segments on a 4 lane major highway mapped as a single lane as an example. Should that have u turns enabled by default? I think not.

The last thing a stupid driver needs is an app that tells him /her where to 'legally' make that u turn.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
RodNav wrote:We have enough of those in South Africa, don't we? :lol:
No intention to hijack the thread, but I think it's a worldwide epidemic. If someone can get stuck in the middle of Oz or drive off a pier simply 'cos the SatNav said so, just imagine the spectacular u turns that will follow.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by leocylau
same here since last night in chrome and ff

Sent from Motarola Razr i using Tapatalk HD
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by lindq
I used to rely heavily on JNF before, not least the "q" shortcut to magically fixz 99% of junctions. I can't get it to work now and the comments in the thread indicate that it stopped working a while back. Is that still the case?
lindq
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by lindq
Ah, thanks.

I could not find anything about it in Toolbox, is it removed/hidden while it is not working or is it there but not working; if it's there, what should I be looking for?
lindq
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message