[Script] WME Validator 2020.10.25 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:35 pm

At (a) certain zoom level, when I click on a node (in preparation for doing a 'qw' to fix soft turns, reverse connectivity, etc), the node appears only "partially" selected, and doesn't put anything in the left sidebar of WME except "One node selected" (the "turns allowed" and a button to disable/enable all turns is there, but greyed out). This happened in WME 1.5 and is continuing in WME 1.6. It appears to be zoom level 3, and the icon that indicates the node is selected shows up as a dark blue circle with a translucent (very faint) blue inside, instead of the white circle with light (opaque) blue within. Just wondering if that is related to Validator or if I should be looking at Junction Node Fixer (which I also have installed), or if it's an issue with WME itself.

At zoom 3, I can still see Street level roads, but can't click their segments, so it may be WME instead of Validator, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Ok, thanks. I didn't mention that once that happens, the only way to edit that node again is to reload the entire webpage (or save work and let it refresh).

I'll just work at a tighter zoom level.
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.7 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Curious - what am I supposed to click here?

clickwhut.PNG

[ img ]

This is on a Windows XP computer with all the proper fonts installed, on the latest Google Chrome.

For what it's worth, "Show report" was greyed out and inaccessible, and clicking the play-icon button again let Validator continue, and it eventually finished, with zero things to report ("Show report" still greyed out).
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.7 (BETA) / 08.04.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:58 pm

irowiki wrote:It is possible (but unlikely, I think) that the area you were scanning was already cleaned up.

It's highly likely as I spent a couple of weeks checking the entire area and cleaning up what I could. I am running Validator again to make sure everything was caught, and to see if the new checks recently added hit on anything.

My greater concern is that I don't have a square-box key on my keyboard, so I don't know what I'm supposed to press to continue.
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.8 (BETA) / 15.04.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Pardon me for putting this in the Validator thread. I thought a thread for regexps to be put in the optional checks in Validator had been broken out, but I can't find it.

I am editing an area where, for some reason, a lot of the rural roads in the basemap are shown as one-way (when they're actually two-way roads). Often this ends up with a one-way road going to a dead-end/cul-de-sac/however you like to phrase this.

Is there a regexp phrase I can concoct that will highlight segments that are one way and don't connect to a road at the "to" end of their one-way-ed-ness? In other words, if a road is set to A->B, and B doesn't have any road connected to it, I want that segment highlighted for review.

Thanks!
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.9 (BETA) / 27.04.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:39 pm

irowiki wrote:
pumrum wrote:
Exit via ramps only, typically with deceleration zones.

This would highlight any time a freeway segment is connected to anything that is not a ramp or another freeway segment. This may only apply to the US, and I'm not sure how this would work in a localization pack.

In the US at least, Freeways can start and stop without ramps. I know of several interstates (I-27 in Texas, for example) that just start from a surface street and end into a surface street without any fanfare.

The same thing occurs in Canada - large sections of the Trans-Canada Highway near me have controlled access (ramps/interchanges) for major roads and direct connections for minor roads.
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:31 pm

I had an idea for a feature request that's probably best to go into Validator - although it may be better as a feature request for WME itself, let me know what you think. I hope I can explain it coherently enough.

I'd like to see hyperlinks on the sidebar when a segment is selected and one or both of its endpoints are "off screen" (i.e. you're zoomed in tight enough that you don't see the entire segment). The hyperlinks would be displayed as "Jump to node A" and "Jump to node B" (appearing as necessary, i.e. if node A is on screen, it doesn't need to be shown). When clicked, the map view would recenter, at the same zoom level it's currently at, to show the node being referenced. The entire segment should remain selected (i.e. don't just select that node and display it).

This idea came to me when looking at a 17,000+ meter segment in WME that Validator had highlighted, and I was zoomed in somewhat tightly on node A, and the Validator info said "Unconfirmed turn on node B". Rather than zoom out, recenter, and zoom back in, or scroll a huge number of times to find the B end, I'd like to be able to see that other end with just one click.
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.2 / 04.07.2014

Postby Jay91150 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Awesome, thanks. Sorry for not finding it in my search.
Jay91150

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.8.1 (BETA) / 08.03.2014

Postby jbarrios107 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:12 pm

In this version you can not disable the review of unnecessary node. It would be good to have that option
Jorge Barrios A. - Area Manager Santa Marta.
Country Manager Colombia.
jbarrios107
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.16 / 29.01.2016

Postby jbucklee » Sat May 14, 2016 6:05 pm

I've noticed that after a while, the tabs begin to squish into oblivion and the descriptions cannot be read. Reinstalling the validator add on corrects this. Blowing up Chrome and starting fresh also does wonders for the editor in general. Very nice work!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
USA | Area Manager - Western West Virginia
jbucklee
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts