The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Talisker66
Had an similar issue when Waze always routet me thru ramps and crossings instead of simply using a tunnel. I could solve it after I checked the GPS-Layer.
For me it looks that the Northbound lane is slightly off of the major GPS-"Track".
Its similar to my case. I would suggest to move the I5 slightly to the left and the ramp maybe slightly to the right.

Regards
Juergen
Talisker66
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Talisker66
I would like to come back to my suggestion since I had the same Problem in my Area and it's now solved:

Look at the GPS-Tracks. Maybe the ramp and the road are too close together AND the GPS-Track is only slightly off the map AND since the Routing is now via the Ramp Waze does not recognize that you stay on the road and "allocates" the data to the road.

This was my observation: Everytime I stayed on the road Waze thought I used the off/on-ramps (at least this was what I saw on the client.
Only as I checked the GPS-Tracks and moved the Main Road more into the main GPS-Stream and increased the gap between the road and the ramp I've got this solved
Talisker66
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Talisker66
CBenson wrote: Waze is still routing over the ramps at the location I have linked to above. When I stay on the highway, the car icon on the client map simply moves along the ramps following the recommmended route. I have edited the ramp and the highway to be further apart and the car icon still moves along the ramps when driving the highway.

Did you simply align the roads with the GPS tracks to solve the problem or did you separate the roads more than they really are? The roads at the intersection I travel seem fairly well aligned with the GPS tracks to me.
Yeas, I actually separated the roads more than they really are. If I look at the GPS-Tracks you can easily move the ramps more to the north and they still will align with the tracks.
In addition you could move the node at the beginning of the ramp more to the east. This indicates the aerial to me.

Regards
Talisker66
Talisker66
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Talisker66
This looks to be easy ;-).
There's simply no connectivity between the I-5N-Segments. The I-5N is only connected to the Ramp.
If I look at the number of open Update Requests it seems that the Area Managers there are not very active :-(
Talisker66
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by TerryEasy
I don't think there is a lot we can do... My though is that with enough data got from drivers, this problem should fix by itself : Waze is always looking for the best way, and maybe it thinks that going off and on is quicker, for some dark reason (a mad driver at night :D)

It is also possible on some places that the routing server is not properly synced with Cartouche, and it sees a restriction at a junction. (I've had the case few days ago, it made me drive a long way for nothing, because there was a bad sync. I've solved it by disconnecting and reconnecting a road at the junction.)
Thus maybe start by doing it and try the make a route going through that point, to see if there's a change...
TerryEasy
Send a message
HTC Hero - Android 2.1

Post by TerryEasy
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:moesterry, I'm with you on thinking Waze should eventually figure it out from average segment speeds. I'm not positive it always does, though.
:D
TerryEasy
Send a message
HTC Hero - Android 2.1

Post by TerryEasy
Have you tried make a turn restriction for a few days, then routing along that point? With the turn restriction, navigation won't route you along the ramp. That way, when you go this road, it won't believe you are on the ramp and will be able to acquire a correct average speed on the segment.

I agree this is a very sad solution, but I think it's worth a try.
TerryEasy
Send a message
HTC Hero - Android 2.1