Post by dilallio
It looks like this user is assuming that if the maps do not agree with the aerial photo's, that the maps are out of date, and not the photos.
Is there a way to email or contact them? - As they are already a level 2 editor, I'm guessing that they are trying to update as much as possible to gain points.
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
Thanks David,
I'll see if I can do it later. I've been inactive for too long!
One of the junctions (Briarhill) had a mapcat bowtie - It took me ages to fine tune it so that wazers weren't getting a turn right followed be a turn left when going straight on.

I've sent a helpful PM to the other user but they have no email address or forum posts, so hopefully they will get it.

Thanks again,
John
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dmeehan
Oh so thats what it "Automatic (1)" means, I was wondering.
dmeehan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
"Automatic (1)" means the road is locked at 1 (yes, I know that really means "unlocked"!) and has not been set as such by manual editing.

However, automatic locking is a process that needs to be turned on by country. If it hasn't been turned on for Ireland, then any unlocked road will say "Automatic (1)". It's a bit misleading - it doesn't mean that automatic locking is turned on.

We had AL turned on for the UK a few months ago. Until it went active, all our L1-locked roads said that as well. We requested AL to have a maximum lock level of 3 - so no road would be locked above that level. Although we're still in our "trial" period, it seems to be working well so far. There are plenty of primary streets and even normal streets that have unexpectedly been automatically locked - but in every case, I cannot disagree with the suggestion that they have enough traffic to justify it.

Our greatest worry was that we would be unable to downlock AL segments - but by the time it went live, they could be downlocked like any other segment.

If you feel you have enough Wazers to provide the data, I would probably recommend looking at AL - particularly if you decide to implement a locking policy. It's a great tool for automatically protecting routes that genuinely deserve it.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by seriousarsonist
Time to look at a lock policy? Or does the south have automatic locks?

Level 5 Area Manager - North of Ireland
Tapatalk on iPhone
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
L3 locks have worked well this side of the border and I have disliked them too but as we're now finding a few more active editors I'm having to use them more, which is a shame

Level 5 Area Manager - North of Ireland
Tapatalk on iPhone
seriousarsonist
Send a message